Property Details & Description
Hall, open plan Kitchen/Dining/Living Room, two double Bedrooms, Shower Room.
14 The Walled Garden, Abbey Park is approximately a quarter of a mile north of the centre of St Andrews and only a short walk from the Old Course and West Sands Beach. The picturesque town combines gracious old buildings, quadrangles and Chapels of yesteryear with a bustling town centre and a wealth of local amenities including shops, restaurants, leisure centre, Sea Life Centre and many other recreational facilities. For the sports enthusiast there are a number of sporting facilities. Above all else the town is known as ‘The Home of Golf’ for its famous and challenging Links Courses and residents of St Andrews are eligible for a Links Ticket that covers the Green fees for all seven Links Courses in St Andrews. As well as its numerous Golf Courses, fishing, sailing, riding and walking can all be enjoyed in St Andrews and its surrounding areas.
To the north the Tay Bridge connects Newport on Tay with the city of Dundee which also provides access to the A90 to Aberdeen and Perth. The Forth Road Bridge and Edinburgh lie approximately one hour’s drive to the south and Dundee and Edinburgh Airports are within comfortable travelling distance.
The Walled Gardens is a collection of spacious one and two bedroom apartments, located in the heart of St Andrews. No. 14 is a spacious two bedroom apartment, located on the third floor, which offers high quality features and great design detail with excellent energy efficient and security measures. The open plan kitchen and living area features enough space for dinner with family members. Please note the purchasers must be aged over 60 and the property must be their prime place of residence.
14 The Walled Gardens is an attractive flat with access via an entry phone system with stairs or lift to the third floor. The flat’s hall is welcoming and tidy and includes a cloaks cupboard housing the fuse box plus a double door wardrobe providing shelf and hanging rail storage. There are two radiators and an entry phone system. The principal reception space is generous in size and has an astragal style window providing an open outlook from an elevated position. There is fitted carpets and it is open plan to the kitchen/dining area with the dining area providing ample space for very comfortable day to day living. The adjoining well-appointed kitchen provides a comprehensive range of white floor and wall mounted kitchen units with a one and a half stainless steel sink with drainer and a wood style worksurface with complimenting splashback. Integrated appliances include a four ring Bosch hob with oven below and extractor fan above, fridge freezer and dishwasher. The principal bedroom is bright and comfortably proportioned and includes a double wardrobe providing shelf and hanging rail storage and fitted carpets. The second bedroom is a nicely proportioned double and includes a cupboard that houses the boiler. Both bedrooms enjoy a good, open and elevated outlook. The shower room comprises of a well appointed white suite comprising of a wash hand basin, corner shower with full height tiled surround, WC, 2 towel rails and a shelved mirrored cabinet.
General Remarks & Information
Residents must be over the age of 60 and the property must be their principal residence.
Viewing is strictly by appointment with the selling agents Rettie & Co, 11 Wemyss Place, Edinburgh EH3 6DH. Tel: 0131 220 4160 and Rettie & Co, 28 Bell Street, St Andrews KY16 9UX. Tel: 01334 237700.
For the benefit of those with satellite navigation the property’s postcode is KY16 9JW.
Fixtures and Fittings
Only items specifically mentioned in the particulars of sale are included in the sale price.
Entry & Possession
Entry and vacant possession will be by mutual agreement and arrangement.
Approximately £80 per Month.
Mains water, electricity and drainage. Gas fired central heating.
Fife Council, Fife House, North Street, Glenrothes KY7 5LG. Tel: 0845 155 0000
Turcan Connell, Princes Exchange, 1 Earl Grey Street, Edinburgh EH3 9EE. Tel: 0131 228 8111. Fax: 0131 228 8118.
A Home Report incorporating a Single Survey, Energy Performance Certificate and Property Questionnaire is available for parties genuinely interested in this property. Please contact us, either by telephone or via the website entry for this property, to request a copy. No charge is made for electronic copies; a paper copy can also be made available from our offices or by post, at a charge of £20 to cover reproduction and administrative costs.
Offers should be submitted in Scottish Legal Form to the selling agents Rettie & Co at 28 Bell Street, St. Andrews KY16 9UX. Telephone: 01334 237700.
Servitude Rights, Burdens & Wayleaves
The property is sold subject to and with the benefit of all servitude rights, burdens, reservations and wayleaves including rights of access and rights of way, whether public or private, light, support, drainage, water and wayleaves for masts, pylons, stays, cable, drains and water, gas and other pipes whether contained in the title deeds or informally constituted and whether or not referred to above.
Particulars and Plans
These particulars and plan are believed to be correct, but they are in no way guaranteed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale or entitle any party to compensation nor in any circumstances give grounds for action at law.
Websites and Social Media
This property and other properties offered by Rettie & Co can be viewed on our website at www.rettie.co.uk as well as our affiliated websites at www.rightmove.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com and www.thelondonoffice.co.uk.
In addition, our social media platforms are facebook.com, RettieTownandCountry, twitter.com, RettieandCo, Instagram and LinkedIn.
Proof and Source of Funds/Anti Money Laundering
Under the HMRC Anti Money Laundering legislation all offers to purchase a property on a cash basis or subject to mortgage require evidence of source of funds. This may include evidence of bank statements/funding source, mortgage or confirmation from a solicitor the purchaser has the funds to conclude the transaction.
All individuals involved in the transaction are required to produce proof of identity and proof of address. This is acceptable either as original or certified documents.
1. The property is sold with all faults and defects, whether of condition or otherwise and neither the seller nor Rettie & Co, the selling agent, are responsible for such faults and defects, nor for any statement contained in the particulars of the property prepared by the said agent.
2. The Purchaser(s) shall be deemed to acknowledge that he has not entered into contact in reliance on the said statements, that he has satisfied himself as to the content of each of the said statements by inspection or otherwise and that no warranty or representation has been made by the seller or the said agents in relation to or in connection with the property.
3. Any error, omission or misstatement in any of the said statements shall not entitle the purchaser(s) to rescind or to be discharged from this contract, nor entitle either party to compensation or damages nor in any circumstances to give either party any cause for action.
Rettie & Co, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either in writing or by word of mouth. Any information given is entirely without responsibility on the part of the agents or the sellers. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive and it should not be assumed that the property remains as photographed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale, or entitle any party to compensation or recourse to action at law. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents, including for its current use. Rettie & Co. have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise and ought to seek their own professional advice.
3. All descriptions or references to condition are given in good faith only. Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure accuracy, please check with us on any points of especial importance to you, especially if intending to travel some distance. No responsibility can be accepted for expenses incurred in inspecting properties which have been sold or withdrawn.