16 George Street, Cellardyke, Anstruther, KY10 3AU
Charming refurbished 3 level townhouse with generous terraced garden, in a popular East Neuk village setting close to the coast.
Delightful setting close to beach, harbour, tidal pool and all village amenities
Comfortable well-appointed modern accommodation
Stove, double glazing, gas central heating, with underfloor heating to ground floor
Generous terraced rear garden with spectacular sea views from elevated BBQ area, courtyard, shed
Convenient for St Andrews
Ideal permanent residence or holiday house
Property Details & Description
Ground Floor: porch, hall, double bedroom, single bedroom, shower room, utility room
First Floor: wonderful open plan sitting room / kitchen
Attic Floor: main bedroom, landing
Exterior: Delightful terraced rear garden comprising raised bbq area with spectacular sea views, shed, courtyard and access out to East Forth Street
16 George Street is a superb fully refurbished and improved 3 level terraced townhouse in a wonderful location close to the coast, within the sought after East Neuk conservation village of Cellardyke which connects with the adjoining larger village of Anstruther to the west. The villages provide a very good range of shops, services and amenities and from Cellardyke there is easy access to the other villages of the East Neuk, including Crail, Pittenweem, St Monans and Elie. The ancient historic cosmopolitan town of St Andrews is about a 20 minute drive to the north and offers an excellent range of facilities along with a highly regarded university. St Andrews is known worldwide as the “Home of Golf” with the 150th British Open Championship due to visit in summer 2022. About 18 miles to the north-west is Cupar, Fife’s bustling county market town which also provides a good range of services. Dundee is within a 45-minute drive to the north with Edinburgh about an hour and 20 minutes to the south.
Surrounding Cellardyke is an area of outstanding Fife countryside comprising a lovely mix of fertile farmland, woodland, hill, stunning coastline and river. The result is home to an array of wildlife and for the outdoor enthusiast provides an area offering access to a wide range of recreational pursuits including riding, cycling, walking, sailing and golf. There are many highly rated golf courses within easy reach including the renowned courses at Crail itself, Kingsbarns, St Andrews Bay, Elie, Leven, Lundin Links and the numerous fine courses in and around St Andrews. The popular Fife coastal path runs through the village close to the property and the Cellardkye tidal pool and harbour is within walking distance. Cellardyke is well placed for accessing the various other pretty fishing villages of Fife’s quaint East Neuk whilst in terms of days out the wide open spaces of the Lomond Hills are not far away along with a number of popular National Trust for Scotland properties, notably Kellie Castle, Hill of Tarvit and Falkland Palace. Fife’s beautiful and varied coastline includes several good sandy beaches such as those at Tentsmuir, Kingsbarns, Elie and St Andrews. State schooling is available locally with private schooling being provided at St Leonards in St Andrews. There are railway stations at Cupar, Ladybank, Markinch and Kirkcaldy with Edinburgh airport less than an hour and 20 minutes to the south.
Recently fully refurbished and remodelled, and offering charming comfortable contemporary accommodation of a high standard, 16 George Street is an exceptional terraced coastal property offering superb flexible living space which benefits from all modern comforts. Entered directly from the narrow quaint fishing village street, the house has a fresh white painted exterior under a traditional red tiled roof, with a single attic dormer window. The ground floor benefits from under floor heating with 2 bedrooms, family shower room, well equipped utility room, hall and porch at this level. A lovely old staircase leads to the quite superb open plan kitchen / sitting room which is a particular feature of the house. With three south facing windows, natural light streams in and the open space creates an excellent cosy sociable family room, with the stove providing warmth and heart. The quality kitchen is fitted with integrated oven and hob, fridge freezer, dishwasher, larder and Belfast sink, and the lovely elm breakfast bar serves to create a natural divide. A nice timber staircase provides access to the attic floor with a landing / reading area leading to the master bedroom with the window to the front enjoying glimpses of the sea over nearby rooftops, and a Velux window to the rear overlooking the garden. The room is fitted with wardrobes which will be included, and eaves storage. Whilst retaining great character and charm 16 George Street is essentially a modern house within an historic shell and as such enjoys all modern creature comforts such as full central, double glazing and a good range of appliances both in the kitchen and utility room. Early viewing is advised.
To the rear are the extensive tiered gardens, rising to East Forth Street where there is a gate giving access. From the sheltered yard directly to the rear of the house steps rise to each level of the garden, which is predominantly laid to lawn, and at the very top is a patio, perfect for bbqs, where phenomenal panoramic views to The Firth of Forth and Isle of May can be enjoyed over the rooftops below. The shed is included.
Viewing is strictly by appointment with the selling agents Rettie & Co, 28 Bell Street, St Andrews KY16 9UX. Tel: 01334 237700.
The property’s postcode is KY10 3AU.
Fixtures and Fittings
Only items specifically mentioned in the particulars of sale are included in the sale price.
Entry & Possession
Entry and vacant possession will be by mutual agreement and arrangement.
Mains water, electricity, gas and drainage.
Fife Council, Fife House, North Street, Glenrothes, Fife KY7 5LT Tel: 0345 155 0000
Council Tax Band
A Home Report incorporating a Single Survey, Energy Performance Certificate and Property Questionnaire is available for parties genuinely interested in this property. Please contact us, either by telephone or via the website entry for this property, to request a copy. No charge is made for electronic copies; a paper copy can also be made available from our offices or by post, at a charge of £20 to cover reproduction and administrative costs.
Offers should be submitted in Scottish Legal Form to the selling agents Rettie & Co at 28 Bell Street, St Andrews KY16 9UX.
Servitude Rights, Burdens & Wayleaves
The property is sold subject to and with the benefit of all servitude rights, burdens, reservations and wayleaves including rights of access and rights of way, whether public or private, light, support, drainage, water and wayleaves for masts, pylons, stays, cable, drains and water, gas and other pipes whether contained in the title deeds or informally constituted and whether or not referred to above.
Particulars and Plans
These particulars and plan are believed to be correct, but they are in no way guaranteed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale or entitle any party to compensation nor in any circumstances give grounds for action at law.
The photographs in this brochure date from March 2022
Websites and Social Media
This property and other properties offered by Rettie & Co can be viewed on our website at www.rettie.co.uk as well as our affiliated websites at www.rightmove.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com and www.thelondonoffice.co.uk. In addition, our social media platforms are facebook.com, RettieTownandCountry, twitter.com, RettieandCo, Instagram and LinkedIn.
Proof and Source of Funds/Anti Money Laundering
Under the HMRC Anti Money Laundering legislation all offers to purchase a property on a cash basis or subject to mortgage require evidence of source of funds. This may include evidence of bank statements/funding source, mortgage or confirmation from a solicitor the purchaser has the funds to conclude the transaction. All individuals involved in the transaction are required to produce proof of identity and proof of address. This is acceptable either as original or certified documents.
1. The property is sold with all faults and defects, whether of condition or otherwise and neither the seller nor Rettie & Co, the selling agent, are responsible for such faults and defects, nor for any statement contained in the particulars of the property prepared by the said agent.
2. The Purchaser(s) shall be deemed to acknowledge that he has not entered into contact in reliance on the said statements, that he has satisfied himself as to the content of each of the said statements by inspection or otherwise and that no warranty or representation has been made by the seller or the said agents in relation to or in connection with the property.
3. Any error, omission or misstatement in any of the said statements shall not entitle the purchaser(s) to rescind or to be discharged from this contract, nor entitle either party to compensation or damages nor in any circumstances to give either party any cause for action.
Rettie & Co, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either in writing or by word of mouth. Any information given is entirely without responsibility on the part of the agents or the sellers. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive and it should not be assumed that the property remains as photographed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale, or entitle any party to compensation or recourse to action at law. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents, including for its current use. Rettie & Co. have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise and ought to seek their own professional advice.
3. All descriptions or references to condition are given in good faith only. Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure accuracy, please check with us on any points of especial importance to you, especially if intending to travel some distance. No responsibility can be accepted for expenses incurred in inspecting properties which have been sold or withdrawn.