The Lodge, 1 Gunsgreen Park, Eyemouth, Berwickshire, TD14 5LH
An impressive 160 sq m three bedroom detached bungalow located within a sought-after residential area, on the periphery of the coastal town of Eyemouth.
The property occupies a private position in a large plot and benefits from ample private parking and a detached garage.
Property Details & Description
Entrance Vestibule, Hallway, Living Room, Dining Room, Conservatory, Dining Kitchen, Utility, Cloakroom, Bedroom 1 (En-Suite), Bedroom 2, Bedroom 3, Family Bathroom.
Driveway with off-street parking, Detached Garage, Mature Gardens
Berwick Railway Station 8 miles, Dunbar Station 23 miles, Edinburgh 51 miles (All distances are approximate)
This spacious bungalow is situated in a peaceful mature residential locale that lies on the edge of the pretty harbour town of Eyemouth. The development is very popular with families, young professionals and retirees and is within easy walking distance to amenities, the town centre and harbour. Eyemouth benefits from many amenities including a range of local shops, supermarket, professional services, public houses, cafes and restaurants. Eyemouth has schooling for all ages including the well-respected and recently built Eyemouth High School and a good selection of sports clubs all within walking distance. A lot of the industry in Eyemouth is based around the working harbour, this in turn offers the town a charm and character not found anywhere else. The town has access to miles of unspoilt coastline and beaches and is surrounded by a designated AONB (Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty) such as Coldingham Bay. Eyemouth also offers easy access inland to the stunning Berwickshire countryside with its rolling hills and stunning views.
The nearby river Tweed meanders along the border with England and is famed for its salmon and trout fishing. The property is well positioned with access onto the A1 trunk road for commuting both north and south to Edinburgh and into England respectively, whilst there are two mainline railway station in Berwick upon Tweed 8 miles to the south or Dunbar 23 miles to the north. There is also an efficient bus services that operates regular services to many of the nearby towns and villages, not to mention Edinburgh and Newcastle. Despite Eyemouth’s proximity to both Edinburgh and Berwick upon Tweed, the area has a low population and can therefore offer a quality of life that is becoming increasingly rare.
The Lodge is a delightful 160 sq m three bedroom detached bungalow that offers bright and well-proportioned accommodation throughout. The property occupies a generous plot and benefits from ample parking, a detached garage and a wraparound garden.
The property is accessed up a paved footpath, through the front door, into an entrance vestibule, an ideal place for coats and shoes. From here, there is access into the welcoming hallway which is a generous space and has two useful storage cupboards, together with a cloakroom, ideal for visitors. There are three reception rooms; a dining room conveniently located next to the kitchen, a large living room offering a gas fire as its focal point and a generous conservatory which gives direct access to the rear garden.
The kitchen is well equipped with a range of wall and base units with worksurface over and housing a sink and drainer and integrated oven with induction hob and extractor. The kitchen is large enough for informal dining and benefits from an adjacent utility room which offers further storage, gives space for free standing appliances and has a door to the side garden.
There are three generous double bedrooms, two with bult in wardrobes and the master benefits from an en-suite shower room.
To the front of the house there is a gravelled driveway providing ample off-street parking and giving access to the detached garage. There are gardens to the front, side and rear which are very private and include a paved patio, ideal for al-fresco dining, a lawned area and mature flower and shrub beds.
For those with the use of Satellite Navigation the postcode for this property is TD14 5LH
(please download the application “what3words” for the exact location)
Fixtures and Fittings
All fitted carpets, curtains, blinds and light fittings are included with the sale.
Listing and Conservation
The property is not listed nor is it in a conservation area.
Mains electricity, mains water, mains drainage, gas central heating.
Energy Efficiency Rating
Scottish Borders Council - Telephone: 01835 824 000.
Council Tax Band: F
Internet Web Site
This property and other properties offered by Rettie & Co can be viewed on our website at www.rettie.co.uk as well as our affiliated websites at www.rightmove.co.uk www.onthemarket.com and www.thelondonoffice.co.uk.
Servitude Rights, Burdens & Wayleaves
The property is sold subject to and with the benefit of all servitude rights, burdens, reservations and wayleaves including rights of access and rights of way, whether public or private, light, support, drainage, water and wayleaves for masts, pylons, stays, cable, drains and water, gas and other pipes whether contained in the title deeds or informally constituted and whether or not referred to above.
Particulars and Plans
These particulars and plan are believed to be correct, but they are in no way guaranteed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale or entitle any party to compensation nor in any circumstances give grounds for action at law.
1. The property is sold with all faults and defects, whether of condition or otherwise and neither the seller nor Rettie Borders LLP, the selling agent, are responsible for such faults and defects, nor for any statement contained in the particulars of the property prepared by the said agent.
2. The Purchaser(s) shall be deemed to acknowledge that he has not entered into contact in reliance on the said statements, that he has satisfied himself as to the content of each of the said statements by inspection or otherwise and that no warranty or representation has been made by the seller or the said agents in relation to or in connection with the property.
3. Any error, omission or misstatement in any of the said statements shall not entitle the purchaser(s) to rescind or to be discharged from this contract, nor entitle either party to compensation or damages nor in any circumstances to give either party any cause for action.
Rettie Borders LLP, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either in writing or by word of mouth. Any information given is entirely without responsibility on the part of the agents or the sellers. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive and it should not be assumed that the property remains as photographed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale, or entitle any party to compensation or recourse to action at law. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents, including for its current use. Rettie Borders LLP have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise and ought to seek their own professional advice.
3. All descriptions or references to condition are given in good faith only. Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure accuracy, please check with us on any points of especial importance to you, especially if intending to travel some distance. No responsibility can be accepted for expenses incurred in inspecting properties which have been sold or withdrawn.