1 New Cottage, Middleton Hall, Wooler, NE71 6RD
A delightful two-bedroom semi-detached cottage occupying an elevated position on the edge of The National Park, with superb rural views.
The property has been tastefully refurbished throughout and benefits from generous landscaped gardens, a single garage and planning permission for a single storey side extension.
Property Details & Description
Reception Hall, Living Room, Kitchen, Bedroom 1, Bedroom 2, Bathroom
Single Garage, Parking Area, Mature Front, Side & Rear Gardens
Wooler 2 miles, Berwick upon Tweed 18 Miles, Alnwick 18 miles, Newcastle 48 miles
(All distances are approximate)
1 New Cottages is situated 2 miles south of Wooler in a lovely rural location, overlooking rolling countryside. Wooler, which lies at the foothills of the Cheviot Hills, offers all local amenities one would expect from a market town including a Co-op, bank, butchers, bakers, restaurants, garden centre, health centre and schooling.
Only 18 miles away is the bustling historic market town of Berwick-upon-Tweed, which offers a range of excellent facilities and amenities, with a selection of local and national shops and supermarkets including M&S, Tesco, Homebase and Currys PC World to name a few. Berwick also has a wealth of independent shops, galleries, art and craft shops, cafes, pubs, wine bars and restaurants and The Maltings Theatre and cinema offering a wide choice of top-class entertainment. In addition, there are a good choice of doctors and dental surgeries as well as the local hospital.
Beyond the local area are a range of popular attractions including historic castles and villages dotted along the stunningly beautiful Northumberland coastline including the renowned Holy Island, Bamburgh Castle and Alnwick Castle. There are also the Cheviot Hills and a number of market towns. Country and sporting pursuits are widely available including hill walks, salmon and trout fishing, hunting and shooting. Golf is available locally at Goswick and Magdalene Fields, with swimming, gym, squash, indoor bowling and all-weather facilities at the Swan Centre.
The A1 trunk road provides easy commutable access to both Newcastle and Edinburgh with Berwick’s mainline train station offering regular services up and down the east coast of the country, with London being a 3½ hour journey away. Newcastle airport is just over an hour’s drive from 1 New Cottages.
1 New Cottage is a charming 66m2 two-bedroom semi-detached character cottage which has been recently refurbished, with LPG central heating and double glazing throughout. The property is situated in a particularly stunning part of North Northumberland and enjoys attractive rural views.
Steps from the front garden lead to the front door, which opens into the welcoming reception hall which offers access to the loft and has door radiating off to all rooms.
There is a well-proportioned reception room located to the front of the house with a large window allowing for ample natural light and a fireplace forming the focal point. The kitchen which has recently been re-fitted is located to the rear of the property and incorporates a range of wall and base units with work surface over and integrated appliances. There are two windows to the side aspect and a door which gives access sto the rear garden.
Within the house there are two double bedrooms, one located to the front and one to the rear. Supporting the accommodation is a recently re-fitted family bathroom comprising wash hand basin, wc and bath with electric shower over.
1 New Cottages occupies a generous plot, with mature and landscaped gardens to three sides. The current owners have invested considerable time into planting n developing the garden grounds
For those with the use of Satellite Navigation the postcode for this property is NE71 6RD
(please download the application “what3words” for the exact location)
Fixtures and Fittings
All fitted carpets, curtains, blinds and light fittings are included with the sale.
Listing and Conservation
Please be aware, 1 New Cottages is not Listed, nor in a conservation area.
LPG gas fired central heating.
Private water supply and drainage.
The purchaser of No.1 New Cottage will be liable to pay a share of the cost of maintenance and repair to the private water supply and the private drainage system.
The property benefits from planning permission under ref: 18/03641/FUL for a single storey side extension which was granted 29th Nov 2018 and is valid for 3 years.
Energy Efficiency Rating
Band TBC (Rating )
Northumberland Council - Telephone: 0345 600 6400
Internet Web Site
This property and other properties offered by Rettie & Co can be viewed on our website at www.rettie.co.uk as well as our affiliated websites at www.rightmove.co.uk www.onthemarket.com and www.thelondonoffice.co.uk.
Servitude Rights, Burdens & Wayleaves
The property is sold subject to and with the benefit of all servitude rights, burdens, reservations and wayleaves including rights of access and rights of way, whether public or private, light, support, drainage, water and wayleaves for masts, pylons, stays, cable, drains and water, gas and other pipes whether contained in the title deeds or informally constituted and whether or not referred to above.
Particulars and Plans
These particulars and plan are believed to be correct, but they are in no way guaranteed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale or entitle any party to compensation nor in any circumstances give grounds for action at law.
1. The property is sold with all faults and defects, whether of condition or otherwise and neither the seller nor Rettie Berwick LLP, the selling agent, are responsible for such faults and defects, nor for any statement contained in the particulars of the property prepared by the said agent.
2. The Purchaser(s) shall be deemed to acknowledge that he has not entered into contact in reliance on the said statements, that he has satisfied himself as to the content of each of the said statements by inspection or otherwise and that no warranty or representation has been made by the seller or the said agents in relation to or in connection with the property.
3. Any error, omission or misstatement in any of the said statements shall not entitle the purchaser(s) to rescind or to be discharged from this contract, nor entitle either party to compensation or damages nor in any circumstances to give either party any cause for action.
Rettie Berwick LLP, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either in writing or by word of mouth. Any information given is entirely without responsibility on the part of the agents or the sellers. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive and it should not be assumed that the property remains as photographed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale, or entitle any party to compensation or recourse to action at law. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents, including for its current use. Rettie Berwick LLP have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise and ought to seek their own professional advice.
3. All descriptions or references to condition are given in good faith only. Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure accuracy, please check with us on any points of especial importance to you, especially if intending to travel some distance. No responsibility can be accepted for expenses incurred in inspecting properties which have been sold or withdrawn