24 Bridge Street, Berwick upon Tweed, Northumberland, TD15 1AQ
An impressive two bedroom 101 sq. meter double upper apartment located within the town center, occupying a central position on sought after Bridge Street. The property is well presented and offers bright and generous accommodation over two principal floors.
Property Details & Description
Landing, Living Room, Kitchen
Landing, Bedroom 1, Bedroom 2, Shower Room
Berwick Railway Station 0.5 miles, Edinburgh 56 miles, Newcastle-upon-Tyne 65 miles (all distances are approximate).
The property is situated on historic Bridge Street which offers a mixture of boutique restaurants and shops which include a delicatessen, bookshop and an award winning micropub.
Berwick-upon-Tweed is famous for its history as a fortified walled town with ramparts and for its stunning architecture. The town has a wide selection of local amenities and there is schooling for all ages including a private school at Longridge Towers and also a selection of leisure and sports clubs, banks, public houses, restaurants, cafes and The Maltings theatre and cinema.
There is a main line railway station which has regular trains to both Edinburgh, Newcastle and London, both Edinburgh and Newcastle are under an hour travel time and London is approximately three hours and twenty minutes away. There is also the A1 trunk road which bypasses the town and provides easy access both north and south respectively.
The local area has a wide range of popular attractions and activities including Northumberland and Berwickshire’s rugged coastline with un-spoilt beaches and beautiful landscapes; Berwick walls and pier are only minutes away while Lindisfarne National Nature Reserve, Bamburgh Castle and the ancient Border towns of Coldstream, Kelso and Melrose are within easy reach. Country and sporting pursuits are also readily available, including hill walking, salmon and trout fishing, riding, hunting and shooting. Golf is available locally; within five minutes’ walk lies Berwick Golf Course and other courses can be found at Goswick, Eyemouth and the Hirsel. Swimming, gym, squash and indoor bowling facilities exist at the Swan Centre in Berwick-upon-Tweed.
Despite Berwick’s proximity to both Edinburgh and Newcastle, the area has a low population and can therefore offer a quality of life that is becoming increasingly rare.
24 Bridge Street is accessed via its own private entrance into a welcoming reception hallway, where a staircase rises to the first-floor landing. To the front of the property is a generous south facing living room which overlooks Bridge Street, with three large sash and case windows allowing ample natural light. The focus of the room is the feature fireplace and the stripped wooden floors which set the elegance of the room. Completing the first floor accommodation is the kitchen, which offers an excellent range of wall and base units, space for a breakfasting table and integrated appliances.
An internal stair continues up the second-floor landing where there is a useful storage cupboard, two generous double bedrooms and a shower room.
For those with the use of Satellite Navigation the postcode for this property is TD15 1AQ
(please download the application “what3words” for the exact location)
Fixtures and Fittings:
Only items specifically mentioned in the particulars of sale are included in the sale price.
Listing and Conservation:
Please be aware, 24 Bridge Street is classified as Grade II listed and is in a conservation area.
Mains electricity, water and drainage.
Night storage central heating.
High speed broadband services are available.
Leasehold. (999 years from the 11th November 2011)
Energy Efficiency Rating:
Band F (Rating 29)
Northumberland County Council
Telephone: 01289 330044.
Internet Web Site:
This property and other properties offered by Rettie & Co can be viewed on our website at www.rettie.co.uk as well as our affiliated websites at www.rightmove.co.uk www.onthemarket.com and www.thelondonoffice.co.uk.
Servitude Rights, Burdens & Wayleaves:
The property is sold subject to and with the benefit of all servitude rights, burdens, reservations and wayleaves including rights of access and rights of way, whether public or private, light, support, drainage, water and wayleaves for masts, pylons, stays, cable, drains and water, gas and other pipes whether contained in the title deeds or informally constituted and whether or not referred to above.
Particulars and Plans:
These particulars and plan are believed to be correct but they are in no way guaranteed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale or entitle any party to compensation nor in any circumstances give grounds for action at law.
1. The property is sold with all faults and defects, whether of condition or otherwise and neither the seller nor Rettie Berwick LLP, the selling agent, are responsible for such faults and defects, nor for any statement contained in the particulars of the property prepared by the said agent.
2. The Purchaser(s) shall be deemed to acknowledge that he has not entered into contact in reliance on the said statements, that he has satisfied himself as to the content of each of the said statements by inspection or otherwise and that no warranty or representation has been made by the seller or the said agents in relation to or in connection with the property.
3. Any error, omission or mis-statement in any of the said statements shall not entitle the purchaser(s) to rescind or to be discharged from this contract, nor entitle either party to compensation or damages nor in any circumstances to give either party any cause for action.
Rettie Berwick LLP, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either in writing or by word of mouth. Any information given is entirely without responsibility on the part of the agents or the sellers. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive and it should not be assumed that the property remains as photographed. Any error, omission or mis-statement shall not annul the sale, or entitle any party to compensation or recourse to action at law. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents, including for its current use. Rettie Berwick LLP have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise and ought to seek their own professional advice.
3. All descriptions or references to condition are given in good faith only. Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure accuracy, please check with us on any points of especial importance to you, especially if intending to travel some distance. No responsibility can be accepted for expenses incurred in inspecting properties which have been sold or withdrawn.