2 Spittal Mews, North Greenwich Road, Spittal, Berwick-upon-Tweed, TD15 1RB
2 Spittal Mews is a spacious 97 sq m three-bedroom semi-detached property which offers generous and well-proportioned accommodation over three floors.
The property is beautifully presented throughout and benefits from a private rear garden and off-street parking.
Property Details & Description
Reception Hall, Living Room, Kitchen, Cloakroom
Landing, Bedroom 2, Bedroom 3, Family Bathroom
Landing, En-Suite Master Bedroom
Off Street Parking, Enclosed Rear Garden
Berwick Railway Station 1.3 miles, Edinburgh 58 miles, Newcastle-upon-Tyne 62 miles (all distances are approximate).
The property is located on North Greenwich Road, within a short walk of the promenade, beach and a number of local amenities. Further amenities can be found across the river in Historic Berwick-upon-Tweed, which is famous for its stunning architecture including the dramatic Elizabethan town walls, its river estuary and long sandy beaches. The town is popular with its residents and many tourists alike who visit the town throughout the year.
There are a good range of amenities including five national supermarkets, good restaurants, cafés, hotels and pubs and a wide selection of boutiques and shops. The town also has a thriving cultural scene with art galleries, a theatre and cinema, museums, a film and media arts festival and food festival. For those looking for an active lifestyle there is a popular leisure centre with a swimming pool, gyms, a football and rugby club, speedway, many golf courses locally and plenty of water-based sports and activities both on the Tweed and on the coast. Berwick also has wonderful coastal and countryside walks on the door step with hiking, rambling and mountain biking being very popular. For schooling there are nursery, primary, middle and high schools that serve the town and private schooling is available at Longridge Towers which is nearby. For those looking to commute, travel and shop, the mainline railway station in the town offers regular services to Edinburgh, Newcastle and London; both Edinburgh and Newcastle are under an hour travel time and London is approximately three hours and twenty minutes. There is also the A1 trunk road which bypasses the town and provides easy access both north and south respectively. Lindisfarne National Nature Reserve, Bamburgh Castle and the ancient Border towns of Coldstream, Kelso and Melrose are also within easy reach. Despite Berwick’s proximity to both Edinburgh and Newcastle, the area has a low population and can therefore offer a quality of life that is becoming increasingly rare.
2 Spittal Mews is a modern three-bedroom semi-detached house which offers spacious and flexible accommodation over three floors and is in immaculate order throughout, with modern fixtures and fittings and contemporary decor.
The property is accessed from the front door into a welcoming reception hall which has a staircase to the first floor, a cloakroom and doors leading to the living room, which is a large reception space located to the rear of the property, with French doors to the garden. The kitchen, which is also accessed from the hallway is located to the front of the property and is sufficient in size to accommodate a breakfasting table. There are a range of cream wall and base units with worksurface over and housing the sink and drainer and integrated dishwasher and oven with gas hob and extractor hood over.
On the first floor, there are two bedrooms and a well-appointed bathroom and on the second floor, there is a master bedroom suite with en-suite shower room.
The rooms located to the front of the house benefit from a superb coastal view.
To the rear of the property there is an enclosed and private garden, which is predominantly avoid to artificial grass. There is a raised decked area, ideal for al-fresco dining and a useful timber shed provides external storage.
For those with the use of Satellite Navigation the postcode for this property is TD15 1RB
(please download the application “what3words” for the exact location)
Fixtures and Fittings
All fitted carpets and light fittings are included with the sale.
Listing and Conservation
Please be aware, 2 Spittal Mews is not Listed, nor in a conservation area.
Mains water, drainage, electricity and gas
Energy Efficiency Rating
Band C (Rating 76)
Northumberland Council - Telephone: 0345 600 6400
Internet Web Site
This property and other properties offered by Rettie & Co can be viewed on our website at www.rettie.co.uk as well as our affiliated websites at www.rightmove.co.uk www.onthemarket.com and www.thelondonoffice.co.uk.
Servitude Rights, Burdens & Wayleaves
The property is sold subject to and with the benefit of all servitude rights, burdens, reservations and wayleaves including rights of access and rights of way, whether public or private, light, support, drainage, water and wayleaves for masts, pylons, stays, cable, drains and water, gas and other pipes whether contained in the title deeds or informally constituted and whether or not referred to above.
Particulars and Plans
These particulars and plan are believed to be correct, but they are in no way guaranteed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale or entitle any party to compensation nor in any circumstances give grounds for action at law.
1. The property is sold with all faults and defects, whether of condition or otherwise and neither the seller nor Rettie Berwick LLP, the selling agent, are responsible for such faults and defects, nor for any statement contained in the particulars of the property prepared by the said agent.
2. The Purchaser(s) shall be deemed to acknowledge that he has not entered into contact in reliance on the said statements, that he has satisfied himself as to the content of each of the said statements by inspection or otherwise and that no warranty or representation has been made by the seller or the said agents in relation to or in connection with the property.
3. Any error, omission or misstatement in any of the said statements shall not entitle the purchaser(s) to rescind or to be discharged from this contract, nor entitle either party to compensation or damages nor in any circumstances to give either party any cause for action.
Rettie Berwick LLP, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either in writing or by word of mouth. Any information given is entirely without responsibility on the part of the agents or the sellers. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive and it should not be assumed that the property remains as photographed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale, or entitle any party to compensation or recourse to action at law. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents, including for its current use. Rettie Berwick LLP have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise and ought to seek their own professional advice.
3. All descriptions or references to condition are given in good faith only. Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure accuracy, please check with us on any points of especial importance to you, especially if intending to travel some distance. No responsibility can be accepted for expenses incurred in inspecting properties which have been sold or withdrawn.