3 Ramrig Farm Cottage, Duns, Berwickshire, TD11 3NF
3 Ramrig Farm Cottage is a charming recently refurbished semi-detached period cottage situated in pretty gardens and grounds with stunning southerly views over the Berwickshire and Northumberland countryside. The property has off street parking and beautifully landscaped garden grounds to the front and rear.
Property Details & Description
Entrance Hall, Sitting Room, Dining Kitchen, Utility, Sun Porch, Bathroom.
Landing, Two Bedrooms.
Floored Loft Space.
Gardens to Front and Rear, Off Street Parking, Stone Outbuilding.
Whitsome village 2 miles , Norham Village 3 miles, Berwick Railway Station 10 miles, Edinburgh 55 miles, Newcastle 70 miles (all distances are approximate).
3 Ramrig Farm Cottage is situated in a quiet rural hamlet, close to the popular Scottish village of Whitsome. Whitsome has a thriving community with a village shop, post office and a community hall, which holds numerous events throughout the year.
Norham lies on the northern edge of Northumberland, close to the market town of Berwick upon Tweed and is a pretty village set around a picturesque green and lying on the banks of the River Tweed. It offers excellent local facilities including a village shop, a very good butcher, a bakers and two public houses. There is a doctor’s surgery in the village and a Post Office van every weekday. The village of Swinton lies 2 miles west and boasts an award- winning hotel and restaurant and a highly regarded primary school.
10 miles east of Ramrig is the nearby market town of Berwick upon Tweed which has further amenities and services including a wealth of cafes and restaurants, the Maltings Theatre and Cinema, a good choice of doctors and dental surgeries as well as a local hospital. Berwick also has an east coast main line railway station with regular trains to Edinburgh and London, schooling for all ages and national supermarkets.
The region offers a range of popular attractions, including historical castles and villages to explore and a particularly stunning coastline to enjoy; the renowned Holy Island and for those who enjoy slightly more challenging walking opportunities, the Northumberland National Park and Cheviot Hills are within a short drive. Permits for fly and bait fishing for trout and coarse fish are available on approximately 2 miles of both banks at Ladykirk and Norham.
The A1 trunk road which is nearby provides easy, commutable access to both Newcastle and Edinburgh. Both cities also offer international airports.
Edinburgh, Scotland’s National City is under 55 miles to the north and is the centre of art and culture with many renowned theatres and art galleries.
3 Ramrig Farm Cottage occupies an idyllic rural setting and is a most handsome stone-built semi-detached former farm workers cottage, benefitting from attractive southerly views over Berwickshire, North Northumberland and the Cheviot Hills beyond. The property has been sympathetically refurbished throughout by the current owners whilst retaining much character and charm. The house is heated by way of a contemporary Klover wood pellet stove which also provides hot water and is subject to an ongoing RHI grant.
The cottage is accessed via a shared lane that leads past the front of the property and there is also access to the rear. The front door opens into a welcoming hall with understairs storage and a staircase rising to the first floor. The sitting room is to the front of the property with a delightful bay window and a feature stone inglenook fireplace with wood burning stove, perfect for cosy winter evenings. A door leads from the sitting room through into the generous kitchen-dining room with windows to the side and rear of the house. There is a bespoke country-style fitted kitchen with integral appliances including electric oven, induction hob with extractor over, dishwasher, fridge and freezer. The kitchen has exposed stone and attractive timber panelling and a feature of the space is a contemporary Klover range, that provides heating and cooking by means of a large hob and oven . Off the kitchen is a utility room with plumbing for a washing machine and storage. The utility room leads to a family bathroom with WC , washbasin. and bath with electric shower A glazed door leads from the kitchen into a generous sun porch which gives access to the rear landscaped garden, stone outbuilding and a large timber shed. (Timber shed is not included in the sale but available by separate negotiation). On the first floor there is a landing giving access to two bedrooms, one to the front and one to the side of the house. The larger of the two has a working open fireplace with attractive surround and from the landing stairs rise to an attic room with two Velux windows, currently used by the owners as an occasional bedroom but would make a nice study or studio.
The cottage enjoys beautifully landscaped gardens to the front and rear. To the front of the property is a generous low-maintenance garden with a mixture of trees, plants and shrubs and two large raised vegetable borders. There is also an area of off-street parking for two vehicles. To the rear of the house is another garden area with patio with stunning views over open countryside. An attached stone outbuilding with power and light would make a fantastic home office, studio, workshop or even an occasional guest room. There is vehicular and pedestrian access to the rear of the property via a lane and there is a large timber shed currently not included in the sale but could be purchased by separate negotiation if required.
For those with the use of Satellite Navigation the postcode for this property is TD11 3NF.
This post code will not lead to the property, the best way is to input “Ramrig Farm” into Google maps
(please download the application “what3words” for the exact location)
Fixtures and Fittings
All fitted carpets and light fittings are included with the sale.
Listing and Conservation
The property is not listed and is not within a conservation area.
Mains electricity and water, heating by Klover Smart 120 wood pellet stove. Drainage to a septic tank shared with neighbouring properties. Broadband services are available.
Council Tax Band:
Scottish Borders Council
Tel: 01835 824000.
Internet Web Site:
This property and other properties offered by Rettie Berwick LLP can be viewed on our website at www.rettie.co.uk as well as our affiliated websites at www.rightmove.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, and www.tlo.co.uk.
Servitude Rights, Burdens & Wayleaves:
The property is sold subject to and with the benefit of all servitude rights, burdens, reservations and wayleaves including rights of access and rights of way, whether public or private, light, support, drainage, water and wayleaves for masts, pylons, stays, cable, drains and water, gas and other pipes whether contained in the title deeds or informally constituted and whether or not referred to above.
Particulars and Plans:
These particulars and plan are believed to be correct but they are in no way guaranteed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale or entitle any party to compensation nor in any circumstances give grounds for action at law.
1. The property is sold with all faults and defects, whether of condition or otherwise and neither the seller nor Rettie Berwick LLP, the selling agent, are responsible for such faults and defects, nor for any statement contained in the particulars of the property prepared by the said agent.
2. The Purchaser(s) shall be deemed to acknowledge that he has not entered into contact in reliance on the said statements, that he has satisfied himself as to the content of each of the said statements by inspection or otherwise and that no warranty or representation has been made by the seller or the said agents in relation to or in connection with the property.
3. Any error, omission or mis-statement in any of the said statements shall not entitle the purchaser(s) to rescind or to be discharged from this contract, nor entitle either party to compensation or damages nor in any circumstances to give either party any cause for action.
Rettie Berwick LLP, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either in writing or by word of mouth. Any information given is entirely without responsibility on the part of the agents or the sellers. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive and it should not be assumed that the property remains as photographed. Any error, omission or mis-statement shall not annul the sale, or entitle any party to compensation or recourse to action at law. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents, including for its current use. Rettie Berwick LLP have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise and ought to seek their own professional advice.
3. All descriptions or references to condition are given in good faith only. Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure accuracy, please check with us on any points of especial importance to you, especially if intending to travel some distance. No responsibility can be accepted for expenses incurred in inspecting properties which have been sold or withdrawn.