3 The Steading, East Allerdean, Northumberland, TD15 2TH
A stunning grade II listed steading conversion positioned in rolling countryside close to Berwick-upon-Tweed and the coast.
The property would make an ideal permanent or second home and is presented in turn-key condition and benefits from allocated parking and a private garden.
Property Details & Description
Reception Hall, Lounge, Dining Room/Bedroom 3, Dining Kitchen, Utility/Cloakroom
Landing, Bedroom 1, Bedroom 2, Family Bathroom
Allocated Parking, Private Garden
Edinburgh 60 miles, Newcastle upon Tyne 55 miles, Berwick Railway Station 4 miles. (All distances are approximate)
The property forms part of a former farm steading, which was converted in recent years to create several individual and characterful rural properties. This small bespoke development takes full advantage of its beautiful rural position in the stunning Northumberland countryside, with far-reaching views over rolling countryside. The cottage is close to the Heritage Northumberland coastline and famous Holy Island. Other areas of historical interest in the region include Bamburgh and Bamburgh Castle, the Farne Isles, Dunstanburgh Castle, and so much more. The nearest town is England’s most northerly market town which is Berwick-upon-Tweed, which is a historical fortified walled town, with a wide range of amenities such as national and local shopping facilities and businesses, schooling for all ages, as well as a private school, Longridge Towers, a variety of Sports Clubs and Leisure facilities and five national supermarkets. This large town also has a mainline railway station which links to both Newcastle and Edinburgh within circa 45 minutes and has the A1 running straight past, making this region a popular commuting destination, whilst being able to make the most of its beautiful scenery and rugged coastline landscapes. To the south is the historic town of Alnwick, this popular market town with the famous Alnwick Castle and Alnwick Gardens, also offers a wide range of amenities whilst inland is the county town of Wooler. North Northumberland is a popular destination for those looking for a full-time home which offers great value for money as well as a wonderful lifestyle opportunity, or those looking for second homes, holiday retreats, or even investment property. This is also a popular holiday destination, with so much on offer in the locality either side of the border.
Originally a farm steading, this attractive stone property was converted to create delightful rural homes retaining much character and charm, including windows incorporated into the old stone arches.
3 The Steading offers buyers the opportunity of acquiring a 2/3 bedroom 112m2 steading conversion which is presented throughout to a high standard. The property would make a lovely permanent home or private holiday escape.
The property is accessed into a welcoming reception hall which has stairs to the first floor and doors leading off. There are two reception rooms, both with arched windows to the front aspect and one could lend itself to a third bedroom, if required. The kitchen is the heart of this home and offers a range of wall and base units with worksurface over and houses integrated appliances. There is ample space for a dining table and a window to the front offering a rural outlook. Adjacent to the kitchen is a useful utility space incorporating a wc and wash hand basin.
A staircase from the hallway leads to the landing which in turn gives way to two large double bedrooms and a generous family bathroom all featuring exposed beams.
Externally there is allocated parking and a private and enclosed low maintain garden.
For those with the use of Satellite Navigation the postcode for this property is TD15 2TH.
(please download the application “what3words” for the exact location)
Please note that this property has a restrictive covenant which prohibits the use of the property for holiday letting purpose.
We understand there are two years left of this time limited covenant and that our client has commercially let this property for a number of years successfully, without any issue.
Fixtures and Fittings
All fitted carpets, curtains, blinds and light fittings are included with the sale.
Listing and Conservation
The property is grade II listed but not in a conservation area.
Metered oil central heating, mains water, mains electricity, septic tank.
Energy Efficiency Rating
EPC - TBC
Northumberland County Council
Telephone: 01289 330044.
Council Tax Band
Assessed to band D
Internet Web Site
This property and other properties offered by Rettie & Co can be viewed on our website at www.rettie.co.uk as well as our affiliated websites at www.rightmove.co.uk www.onthemarket.com and www.thelondonoffice.co.uk.
Servitude Rights, Burdens & Wayleaves
The property is sold subject to and with the benefit of all servitude rights, burdens, reservations and wayleaves including rights of access and rights of way, whether public or private, light, support, drainage, water and wayleaves for masts, pylons, stays, cable, drains and water, gas and other pipes whether contained in the title deeds or informally constituted and whether or not referred to above.
Particulars and Plans
These particulars and plan are believed to be correct, but they are in no way guaranteed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale or entitle any party to compensation nor in any circumstances give grounds for action at law.
1. The property is sold with all faults and defects, whether of condition or otherwise and neither the seller nor Rettie Borders LLP, the selling agent, are responsible for such faults and defects, nor for any statement contained in the particulars of the property prepared by the said agent.
2. The Purchaser(s) shall be deemed to acknowledge that he has not entered into contact in reliance on the said statements, that he has satisfied himself as to the content of each of the said statements by inspection or otherwise and that no warranty or representation has been made by the seller or the said agents in relation to or in connection with the property.
3. Any error, omission or misstatement in any of the said statements shall not entitle the purchaser(s) to rescind or to be discharged from this contract, nor entitle either party to compensation or damages nor in any circumstances to give either party any cause for action.
Rettie Borders LLP, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either in writing or by word of mouth. Any information given is entirely without responsibility on the part of the agents or the sellers. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive and it should not be assumed that the property remains as photographed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale, or entitle any party to compensation or recourse to action at law. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents, including for its current use. Rettie Borders LLP have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise and ought to seek their own professional advice.
3. All descriptions or references to condition are given in good faith only. Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure accuracy, please check with us on any points of especial importance to you, especially if intending to travel some distance. No responsibility can be accepted for expenses incurred in inspecting properties which have been sold or withdrawn.