41 Main Street, Balmullo, St. Andrews, KY16 0AE
Wonderful newly completed ICF system family house with lovely garden, garage and views to St Andrews.
Superb family accommodation.
Fabulous contemporary living space.
Impressive open plan kitchen / dining room / sitting room.
Separate snug / family room with stove.
Delightful, landscaped gardens to front and rear.
Garage with driveway parking. Shed.
Excellent village location with easy access to St Andrews, Dundee and Cupar.
Railway stations in Leuchars and Cupar
Innovative Insulated Concrete Forming (ICF) system build
Full architect’s certificate in place
Underfloor mains gas central heating throughout.
A rated EPC.
Property Details & Description
Ground Floor: Open Plan Kitchen / Dining Room / Sitting Room, Snug with stove, Utility Room, Hall, WC, Vestibule.
First Floor: 4 Bedrooms (4 En-Suite), Hall.
Exterior: Landscaped front and rear gardens, driveway parking.
Drive through garage, shed.
Newly completed, 41 Main Street is attractively situated in the popular village of Balmullo, close to Fife’s golfing mecca of St. Andrews. The village benefits from a primary school, shop, pub, post office and bowling club. A short distance to the east lies the ancient and historic university town of St. Andrews, renowned worldwide as the “Home of Golf” and with its excellent range of specialist shops and facilities. To the south-west Fife’s main county market town of Cupar has a very good offering of local services and a regular farmers’ market. To the north the thriving city of Dundee is home to the V & A museum and Scott’s ship RRS Discovery. Surrounding Balmullo is some particularly fine Scottish countryside with a lovely mix of farmland, woodland, hill and river. The result is home to an array of wildlife and provides an excellent choice for the outdoor enthusiast with walking, cycling and riding all readily available along with fishing and shooting. There are many highly regarded golf courses in the area including the Championship Course at Carnoustie and the Old Course at St. Andrews, both of which regularly host the British Open which returns to St. Andrews in 2022 for its 150th anniversary. The wide open spaces of the Lomond Hills and the pretty fishing villages of Fife’s quaint East Neuk are within comfortable driving distance. In terms of days out there are good sandy beaches at St. Andrews, Tentsmuir, Kingsbarns and Elie along with a number of popular National Trust for Scotland properties such as Hill of Tarvit, Kellie Castle and Falkland Palace. State schooling is available locally with independent schooling available at Dundee High School and also St. Leonards in St. Andrews. There are railway stations in Leuchars, Cupar and Dundee with Edinburgh airport just over an hour to the south.
41 Main Street is an exceptional and most substantial newly completed family house, constructed using an innovative Insulated Concrete Forming (ICF) system build. The wonderful contemporary accommodation is arranged over two floors and offers outstanding very spacious family accommodation extending to approximately 2,522 square feet (including garage). On the ground floor, and very much at the heart of the house, is the stunning open plan and very well-appointed kitchen / dining room / sitting room with island unit, feature gas fire and glazed doors to the rear garden, along with utility room and separate pantry / store off. There is a separate snug / family room with stove, with the hall, WC and vestibule completing the accommodation at this level. Upstairs there are 4 excellent double bedrooms, all of which benefit from their own en-suite contemporary bath / shower rooms. To make the most of the magnificent views, the two bedrooms to the front of the house also have glazed doors with Juliet balconies.
The property benefits from underfloor mains gas central heating throughout, both upstairs and downstairs. There are PV panels.
Early viewing is highly recommended.
There are delightful landscaped gardens to the front and rear of the house, along with driveway parking.
There is an excellent drive-through garage which provides vehicular access to the rear garden, along with a good sized timber shed / store.
Viewing is strictly by appointment with the selling agents Rettie & Co, 28 Bell Street, St Andrews KY16 9UX. Tel: 01334 237700.
The property’s postcode is KY16 0AE.
Fixtures and Fittings
Only items specifically mentioned in the particulars of sale are included in the sale price.
Entry & Possession
Entry and vacant possession will be by mutual agreement and arrangement.
Mains water, electricity, drainage and gas. PV panels.
Fife Council, Fife House, North Street, Glenrothes, Fife KY7 5LT Tel: 0345 155 0000.
A Home Report incorporating a Single Survey, Energy Performance Certificate and Property Questionnaire is available for parties genuinely interested in this property. Please contact us, either by telephone or via the website entry for this property, to request a copy. No charge is made for electronic copies; a paper copy can also be made available from our offices or by post, at a charge of £20 to cover reproduction and administrative costs.
Offers should be submitted in Scottish Legal Form to the selling agents Rettie & Co at 28 Bell Street, St Andrews KY16 9UX.
Servitude Rights, Burdens & Wayleaves
The property is sold subject to and with the benefit of all servitude rights, burdens, reservations and wayleaves including rights of access and rights of way, whether public or private, light, support, drainage, water and wayleaves for masts, pylons, stays, cable, drains and water, gas and other pipes whether contained in the title deeds or informally constituted and whether or not referred to above.
Particulars and Plans
These particulars and plan are believed to be correct, but they are in no way guaranteed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale or entitle any party to compensation nor in any circumstances give grounds for action at law.
The photographs in this brochure date from November 2021.
Websites and Social Media
This property and other properties offered by Rettie & Co can be viewed on our website at www.rettie.co.uk as well as our affiliated websites at www.rightmove.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com and www.thelondonoffice.co.uk. In addition, our social media platforms are facebook.com, RettieTownandCountry, twitter.com, RettieandCo, Instagram and LinkedIn.
Proof and Source of Funds/Anti Money Laundering
Under the HMRC Anti Money Laundering legislation all offers to purchase a property on a cash basis or subject to mortgage require evidence of source of funds. This may include evidence of bank statements/funding source, mortgage or confirmation from a solicitor the purchaser has the funds to conclude the transaction. All individuals involved in the transaction are required to produce proof of identity and proof of address. This is acceptable either as original or certified documents.
1. The property is sold with all faults and defects, whether of condition or otherwise and neither the seller nor Rettie & Co, the selling agent, are responsible for such faults and defects, nor for any statement contained in the particulars of the property prepared by the said agent.
2. The Purchaser(s) shall be deemed to acknowledge that he has not entered into contact in reliance on the said statements, that he has satisfied himself as to the content of each of the said statements by inspection or otherwise and that no warranty or representation has been made by the seller or the said agents in relation to or in connection with the property.
3. Any error, omission or misstatement in any of the said statements shall not entitle the purchaser(s) to rescind or to be discharged from this contract, nor entitle either party to compensation or damages nor in any circumstances to give either party any cause for action.
Rettie & Co, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either in writing or by word of mouth. Any information given is entirely without responsibility on the part of the agents or the sellers. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive and it should not be assumed that the property remains as photographed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale, or entitle any party to compensation or recourse to action at law. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents, including for its current use. Rettie & Co. have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise and ought to seek their own professional advice.
3. All descriptions or references to condition are given in good faith only. Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure accuracy, please check with us on any points of especial importance to you, especially if intending to travel some distance. No responsibility can be accepted for expenses incurred in inspecting properties which have been sold or withdrawn.