Property Details & Description
Hall, Sitting Room, Dining Room, Kitchen, Bedroom 4, WC
Principal bedroom with En-Suite Shower Room, 2 further bedrooms, family bathroom, hall
Attractive shared courtyard garden with parking to front, enclosed private rear garden
Garage, Shed, Parking
5 West Grange Farm Steading is an attractive country property standing in a lovely quiet elevated rural setting, a short distance to the south of St. Andrews in Fife. Enjoying some excellent views to the distant Grampian Mountains, the property is well placed for accessing St. Andrews, Cupar and the East Neuk. In terms of local amenities, the ancient university town of St. Andrews is just a five minute drive from the house and is renowned world-wide as the Home of Golf. The town offers a fine cosmopolitan mix of shops, restaurants, pubs and the like. Dundee is approximately 15 miles to the north and provides a full range of city amenities along with the acclaimed V & A. Edinburgh is approximately 50 miles distant.
The rolling countryside and coastline that surrounds West Grange is home to an array of wildlife and for the outdoor enthusiast offers ready access to a wide range of recreational activities including walking, riding, cycling and golf. There are many highly rated golf courses within easy reach, with a plethora of top courses in and around St. Andrews including the Old Course which regularly hosts the British Open, due to visit next in 2022 for its 150th anniversary. There are several good beaches nearby including the East and West Sands in St. Andrews, Tentsmuir, Kingsbarns, Crail and Elie. For day trips there are a number of National Trust for Scotland properties in the area including Falkland Palace, Hill of Tarvit and Kellie Castle while the pretty fishing villages of Fife’s East Neuk are only a short drive to the south.
State schooling is available locally with private schooling being provided at St. Leonards in St. Andrews, along with the High School of Dundee. There are railway stations in Leuchars, Cupar, Ladybank and Markinch with Edinburgh airport readily accessible to the south.
5 West Grange Farm Steading is a delightful property, well presented and offering deceptively spacious accommodation of a good standard in a lovely setting. The house offers comfortable accommodation over two levels. On the ground floor the well-proportioned sitting room with gas fire opens to the dining room to the rear, which has glazed doors to the enclosed rear garden. Completing the ground floor is the kitchen, bedroom 4 / study, WC and hall. Upstairs there are three good sized bedrooms, one of which benefits from ensuite facilities, along with family bathroom and hall. The furniture may be available to purchase by way of separate negotiation. The property is fully compliant with recently fitted Heat and CO2 detectors.
The property is situated in a lovely, shared courtyard with a convenient parking area located close by. To the rear is an enclosed private rear garden with lawn and shed. There is also a garage.
General Remarks & Information
Viewing is strictly by appointment with the selling agents Rettie & Co, 28 Bell Street, St Andrews KY16 9UX. Tel: 01334 237700.
The property’s postcode is KY16 8LJ.
Fixtures and Fittings
Only items specifically mentioned in the particulars of sale are included in the sale price.
Entry & Possession
Entry and vacant possession will be by mutual agreement and arrangement.
Mains water, mains electricity, mains drainage, mains gas central heating.
Fife Council, Fife House, North Street, Glenrothes, Fife KY7 5LT Tel: 0345 155 0000 Website:https://www.fife.gov.uk.
EPC Rating Band
Murray Beith Murray, Edinburgh
A Home Report incorporating a Single Survey, Energy Performance Certificate and Property Questionnaire is available for parties genuinely interested in this property. Please contact us, either by telephone or via the website entry for this property, to request a copy. No charge is made for electronic copies; a paper copy can also be made available from our offices or by post, at a charge of £20 to cover reproduction and administrative costs.
Offers should be submitted in Scottish Legal Form to the selling agents Rettie & Co at 28 Bell Street, St Andrews KY16 9UX.
Servitude Rights, Burdens & Wayleaves
The property is sold subject to and with the benefit of all servitude rights, burdens, reservations and wayleaves including rights of access and rights of way, whether public or private, light, support, drainage, water and wayleaves for masts, pylons, stays, cable, drains and water, gas and other pipes whether contained in the title deeds or informally constituted and whether or not referred to above.
Particulars and Plans
These particulars and plan are believed to be correct, but they are in no way guaranteed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale or entitle any party to compensation nor in any circumstances give grounds for action at law.
Websites and Social Media
This property and other properties offered by Rettie & Co can be viewed on our website at www.rettie.co.uk as well as our affiliated websites at www.rightmove.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com and www.thelondonoffice.co.uk. In addition, our social media platforms are facebook.com, RettieTownandCountry, twitter.com, RettieandCo, Instagram and LinkedIn.
Proof and Source of Funds/Anti Money Laundering
Under the HMRC Anti Money Laundering legislation all offers to purchase a property on a cash basis or subject to mortgage require evidence of source of funds. This may include evidence of bank statements/funding source, mortgage or confirmation from a solicitor the purchaser has the funds to conclude the transaction. All individuals involved in the transaction are required to produce proof of identity and proof of address. This is acceptable either as original or certified documents.
1. The property is sold with all faults and defects, whether of condition or otherwise and neither the seller nor Rettie & Co, the selling agent, are responsible for such faults and defects, nor for any statement contained in the particulars of the property prepared by the said agent.
2. The Purchaser(s) shall be deemed to acknowledge that he has not entered into contact in reliance on the said statements, that he has satisfied himself as to the content of each of the said statements by inspection or otherwise and that no warranty or representation has been made by the seller or the said agents in relation to or in connection with the property.
3. Any error, omission or misstatement in any of the said statements shall not entitle the purchaser(s) to rescind or to be discharged from this contract, nor entitle either party to compensation or damages nor in any circumstances to give either party any cause for action.
Rettie & Co, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either in writing or by word of mouth. Any information given is entirely without responsibility on the part of the agents or the sellers. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive and it should not be assumed that the property remains as photographed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale, or entitle any party to compensation or recourse to action at law. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents, including for its current use. Rettie & Co. have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise and ought to seek their own professional advice.
3. All descriptions or references to condition are given in good faith only. Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure accuracy, please check with us on any points of especial importance to you, especially if intending to travel some distance. No responsibility can be accepted for expenses incurred in inspecting properties which have been sold or withdrawn.