Property Details & Description
Porch, Hall, Sitting Room, Kitchen / Dining Room, Bedroom 6 / Dining Room, Sun Room, Utility Room, WC
Principal bedroom with En-Suite Shower Room, 2 further bedrooms, family bathroom, hall
2 Bedrooms (1 ensuite)
Attractive front and rear gardens with driveway parking
8 Lawhead Road West is situated in a popular residential area close to the heart of Fife’s golfing mecca of St. Andrews, just minutes from the town’s cosmopolitan shopping district which includes South Street, Market Street, Bell Street and North Street. The ancient and historic university town offers residents a superb mix of amenities and facilities and is renowned worldwide as the “Home of Golf”. The city of Dundee is some thirteen miles to the north with Edinburgh easily accessible to the south. Fife’s pretty East Neuk is nearby with its quaint picturesque fishing villages such as Anstruther, Pittenweem and Elie whilst the bustling county market town of Cupar is a short drive to the west. Surrounding St. Andrews is some particularly fine countryside and coastline with a lovely mix of farmland, woodland, river and hill ground. The result is home to an array of wildlife which provides an excellent choice for the outdoor enthusiast with walking, cycling, sailing and riding all readily available. There are many highly regarded golf courses in the area including the Old Course at St. Andrews and the Championship Course at Carnoustie, both of which regularly host the British Open – the event returns to St Andrews in 2022 for its 150th anniversary. The courses at Dumbarnie, Kingsbarns, Crail and Ladybank are also close by, to name but a few. In terms of days out there are a number of good sandy beaches in the area including those at St. Andrews itself as well as Tentsmuir, Kingsbarns and Elie. There are several popular National Trust for Scotland properties in the area including Kellie Castle, Hill of Tarvit and Falkland Palace. State schooling is available locally with independent schooling being provided at St. Leonards in St. Andrews and the High School of Dundee. There are railway stations in Leuchars, Cupar, Ladybank and Dundee with Edinburgh airport well within reach.
Comprehensively refurbished and remodelled by the current owners 8 Lawhead Road West is an outstanding family house in a popular area of St Andrews. The generous accommodation benefits from some excellent views and is laid out over three levels with scope for up to six bedrooms. On the ground floor and at the heart of the house is the impressive high specification contemporary kitchen / dining room which benefits from a full range of integrated appliances along with pantry, utility room and glazed door to the rear garden. Folding glazed doors open through to the well-proportioned sitting room with living flame gas fire and a lovely bright southerly aspect. Completing the ground floor is the dining room / bedroom 6, hall, WC and sun room. At first floor level there are 3 lovely bright double bedrooms, one of which benefits from en-suite facilities, along with the stunning family bathroom and spacious hall. Completing the accommodation there are 2 further bedrooms at attic level, one of which benefits from en-suite facilities. Bright , spacious and immaculate throughout, 8 Lawhead Road West offers wonderful flexible living space ideal for modern family living. With new carpets, radiators and windows throughout, there is also good storage in the house and the tiled areas benefit from under floor heating.
8 Lawhead Road West stands in a delightful well-proportioned garden with neat lawns to the front and rear and an attractive mix of plants and shrubs.
There is a garage and off-road driveway parking.
General Remarks & Information
Viewing is strictly by appointment with the selling agents Rettie & Co, 28 Bell Street, St Andrews KY16 9UX. Tel: 01334 237700.
The property’s postcode is KY16 9NE.
Fixtures and Fittings
Only items specifically mentioned in the particulars of sale are included in the sale price. The furniture at the house may be available to purchase by way of separate negotiation.
Entry & Possession
Entry and vacant possession will be by mutual agreement and arrangement.
Mains water, mains electricity, mains drainage, mains gas central heating.
Fife Council, Fife House, North Street, Glenrothes, Fife KY7 5LT Tel: 0345 155 0000 Website: https://www.fife.gov.uk.
EPC Rating Band
Mitchells Roberton, Glasgow
A Home Report incorporating a Single Survey, Energy Performance Certificate and Property Questionnaire is available for parties genuinely interested in this property. Please contact us, either by telephone or via the website entry for this property, to request a copy. No charge is made for electronic copies; a paper copy can also be made available from our offices or by post, at a charge of £20 to cover reproduction and administrative costs.
Offers should be submitted in Scottish Legal Form to the selling agents Rettie & Co at 28 Bell Street, St Andrews KY16 9UX.
Servitude Rights, Burdens & Wayleaves
The property is sold subject to and with the benefit of all servitude rights, burdens, reservations and wayleaves including rights of access and rights of way, whether public or private, light, support, drainage, water and wayleaves for masts, pylons, stays, cable, drains and water, gas and other pipes whether contained in the title deeds or informally constituted and whether or not referred to above.
Particulars and Plans
These particulars and plan are believed to be correct, but they are in no way guaranteed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale or entitle any party to compensation nor in any circumstances give grounds for action at law.
Websites and Social Media
This property and other properties offered by Rettie & Co can be viewed on our website at www.rettie.co.uk as well as our affiliated websites at www.rightmove.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com andwww.thelondonoffice.co.uk. In addition, our social media platforms are facebook.com, RettieTownandCountry, twitter.com, RettieandCo, Instagram and LinkedIn.
Proof and Source of Funds/Anti Money Laundering
Under the HMRC Anti Money Laundering legislation all offers to purchase a property on a cash basis or subject to mortgage require evidence of source of funds. This may include evidence of bank statements/funding source, mortgage or confirmation from a solicitor the purchaser has the funds to conclude the transaction. All individuals involved in the transaction are required to produce proof of identity and proof of address. This is acceptable either as original or certified documents.
1. The property is sold with all faults and defects, whether of condition or otherwise and neither the seller nor Rettie & Co, the selling agent, are responsible for such faults and defects, nor for any statement contained in the particulars of the property prepared by the said agent.
2. The Purchaser(s) shall be deemed to acknowledge that he has not entered into contact in reliance on the said statements, that he has satisfied himself as to the content of each of the said statements by inspection or otherwise and that no warranty or representation has been made by the seller or the said agents in relation to or in connection with the property.
3. Any error, omission or misstatement in any of the said statements shall not entitle the purchaser(s) to rescind or to be discharged from this contract, nor entitle either party to compensation or damages nor in any circumstances to give either party any cause for action.
Rettie & Co, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either in writing or by word of mouth. Any information given is entirely without responsibility on the part of the agents or the sellers. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive and it should not be assumed that the property remains as photographed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale, or entitle any party to compensation or recourse to action at law. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents, including for its current use. Rettie & Co. have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise and ought to seek their own professional advice.
3. All descriptions or references to condition are given in good faith only. Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure accuracy, please check with us on any points of especial importance to you, especially if intending to travel some distance. No responsibility can be accepted for expenses incurred in inspecting properties which have been sold or withdrawn.