Barnhay, Kinaldy Meadows, St. Andrews, KY16 8NA
Offers Over £715,000
Outstanding country property close to St Andrews. Barnhay, Kinaldy Meadows, is quietly situated in delightful rolling countryside between Lathockar and Stravithie, 4 miles due south of central St Andrews. Benefiting from high levels of privacy and seclusion, with only a handful of near neighbours, all key amenities are easily accessible from Barnhay with Fife’s beautiful coastline also close at hand.
Property Details & Description
Hall, Sitting Room, Family Room, Kitchen / Dining Room, 5 Bedrooms (2 En-Suite), Family Bathroom, Utility Room, Rear Hall
Principal bedroom with Balcony, Dressing Area and En-Suite Shower Room
Generous immaculate grounds with extensive lawns, pond and woodland. Scope for grazing / paddock
Double Garage, Green House, Sheds
PV panels, Solar Water Heating, Ground Source Heating
For commuters Edinburgh and Dundee are within comfortable driving distance and there are train stations at Ladybank, Cupar, Leuchars and Markinch. The new Madras secondary school is scheduled to open in St Andrews in summer 2021 with several highly rated primary schools close by. Private schooling is available at St Leonards in St Andrews and The High School of Dundee.
Constructed in 1999 and significantly extended / remodelled in 2014, Barnhay is a beautiful country property offering spacious contemporary family accommodation of a high standard. Of a most attractive painted harled exterior under a slate roof the accommodation is essentially over one level, with only the impressive principal bedroom suite at first floor level. There are two excellent well proportioned main sitting rooms along with generous kitchen / dining room. On the ground floor there is scope for 5 bedrooms, 2 of which benefit from en-suite facilities with the principal bedroom suite being accessed from the rear hall. Barnhy benefits from a ground source heating system supplemented with solar thermal water heating. It also has a 10kVA Photovoltaic system which supplies electricity to the house and exports excess to the National Grid.
Barnhay stands in extensive mature grounds offering high levels of amenity and with the potential for the creation of grazing paddocks if desired. The house is approached via electric gates with a neat gravel drive leading to the house. With extensive lawns, a lovely mix of plants, trees, hedges and shrubs, vegetable garden and pond. There is also an area of woodland at the western end of the garden. The delightful, sheltered terrace to the rear of the house is ideal for al fresco entertaining or simply enjoying the peace and tranquillity on offer at this outstanding property.
General Remarks & Information
Viewing is strictly by appointment with the selling agents Rettie & Co, 28 Bell Street, St Andrews KY16 9UX. Tel: 01334 237700.
The property’s postcode is KY16 8NA.
Fixtures and Fittings
Only items specifically mentioned in the particulars of sale are included in the sale price.
Entry & Possession
Entry and vacant possession will be by mutual agreement and arrangement.
Mains water, mains electricity, private drainage. Heating is via ground source heat pump. There is also solar water heating and PV panelling.
Local Authority Fife Council, Fife House, North Street, Glenrothes, Fife KY7 5LT Tel: 0345 155 0000 Website:https://www.fife.gov.uk.
EPC Rating Band
Thorntons Law LLP, Whitehall House, 33 Yeaman Shore, Dundee DD1 4BJ
A Home Report incorporating a Single Survey, Energy Performance Certificate and Property Questionnaire is available for parties genuinely interested in this property. Please contact us, either by telephone or via the website entry for this property, to request a copy. No charge is made for electronic copies; a paper copy can also be made available from our offices or by post, at a charge of £20 to cover reproduction and administrative costs.
Offers should be submitted in Scottish Legal Form to the selling agents Rettie & Co at 28 Bell Street, St Andrews KY16 9UX.
Servitude Rights, Burdens & Wayleaves
The property is sold subject to and with the benefit of all servitude rights, burdens, reservations and wayleaves including rights of access and rights of way, whether public or private, light, support, drainage, water and wayleaves for masts, pylons, stays, cable, drains and water, gas and other pipes whether contained in the title deeds or informally constituted and whether or not referred to above.
Particulars and Plans
These particulars and plan are believed to be correct, but they are in no way guaranteed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale or entitle any party to compensation nor in any circumstances give grounds for action at law.
Websites and Social Media
This property and other properties offered by Rettie & Co can be viewed on our website at www.rettie.co.uk as well as our affiliated websites at www.rightmove.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com and www.thelondonoffice.co.uk. In addition, our social media platforms are facebook.com, RettieTownandCountry, twitter.com, RettieandCo, Instagram and LinkedIn.
Proof and Source of Funds/Anti Money Laundering
Under the HMRC Anti Money Laundering legislation all offers to purchase a property on a cash basis or subject to mortgage require evidence of source of funds. This may include evidence of bank statements/funding source, mortgage or confirmation from a solicitor the purchaser has the funds to conclude the transaction. All individuals involved in the transaction are required to produce proof of identity and proof of address. This is acceptable either as original or certified documents.
1. The property is sold with all faults and defects, whether of condition or otherwise and neither the seller nor Rettie & Co, the selling agent, are responsible for such faults and defects, nor for any statement contained in the particulars of the property prepared by the said agent.
2. The Purchaser(s) shall be deemed to acknowledge that he has not entered into contact in reliance on the said statements, that he has satisfied himself as to the content of each of the said statements by inspection or otherwise and that no warranty or representation has been made by the seller or the said agents in relation to or in connection with the property.
3. Any error, omission or misstatement in any of the said statements shall not entitle the purchaser(s) to rescind or to be discharged from this contract, nor entitle either party to compensation or damages nor in any circumstances to give either party any cause for action.
Rettie & Co, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either in writing or by word of mouth. Any information given is entirely without responsibility on the part of the agents or the sellers. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive and it should not be assumed that the property remains as photographed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale, or entitle any party to compensation or recourse to action at law. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents, including for its current use. Rettie & Co. have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise and ought to seek their own professional advice.
3. All descriptions or references to condition are given in good faith only. Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure accuracy, please check with us on any points of especial importance to you, especially if intending to travel some distance. No responsibility can be accepted for expenses incurred in inspecting properties which have been sold or withdrawn.