Beechwood, Middle Foodie, Cupar, KY15 4RT
Outstanding country property, convenient for St Andrews, Dundee and Cupar.
Beautiful family accommodation in a delightful rural setting.
Fabulous comfortable living space.
Superb Mozolowski & Murray conservatory.
Lovely mature gardens and grounds.
Good country views.
Purpose built modern garage with store attached, driveway parking, further outbuildings, greenhouse and polytunnel.
Sought after, highly accessible location.
Wonderful lifestyle opportunity.
Property Details & Description
Sitting room, dining room, conservatory, kitchen, study, bedroom 5 (with en-suite facilities), wc, hall.
4 bedrooms (2 en-suite), family bathroom, hall.
Beautiful extensive well-stocked gardens and grounds. Double garage with store, driveway parking. Polytunnel. Greenhouse. Further outbuildings.
Beechwood enjoys a lovely quiet private situation in beautiful open countryside, a short walk from the village of Dairsie and very convenient for accessing St Andrews, Cupar and Dundee. The historic and cosmopolitan university town of St Andrews is recognised worldwide as the Home of Golf and has an excellent range of shops, services and facilities. Cupar is also well-served by shops and professional services as well as a railway station on the main East Coast line, with regular connections south to Edinburgh and north to Dundee/Aberdeen. The glorious Fife countryside that surrounds the property is home to an array of wildlife, and for the outdoor enthusiast offers easy access to a wide variety of recreational pursuits including walking, cycling, riding and golf. Many highly regarded courses are within easy reach, including the Old Course at St Andrews, regular venue for the Open Championship which is next due to visit in 2022 for its 150th anniversary. The city of Dundee is a short drive to the north with Edinburgh just over an hour to the south. Fife’s quaint East Neuk, with its picturesque fishing villages, such as Anstruther, Pittenweem and St Monans, and its charming varied coastline, is also easily accessible from Dairsie. In terms of days out, there are good sandy beaches at St Andrews, Kingsbarns, Tentsmuir and Elie, along with a number of popular National Trust for Scotland properties including Kellie Castle, Hill of Tarvit and Falkland Palace. State schooling is available locally with independent schooling provided at St Leonards in St Andrews and also the High School of Dundee. There are railway stations at Leuchars, Cupar, Ladybank and Dundee, with Edinburgh airport just over an hour from the property.
Constructed around a former country schoolroom believed to date from 1745, Beechwood is a fabulous family house, beautifully set and offering superb, deceptively spacious high quality family accommodation over 2 levels. At the heart of the house is the lovely farmhouse kitchen with fabulous Mozolowski & Murray conservatory off, ideally positioned to catch the sun as it tracks east to west across the garden during the day. The main sitting room is generously proportioned and comprises the original school room, with glazed door to the garden and stove. The dining room is a beautiful room with the stunning hand-crafted staircase a particular feature of the property. Completing the ground floor is the study / snug with stove, bedroom 5 with en-suite facilities, wc and hall. Upstairs there are 4 good sized bedrooms, 2 with en-suite facilities, family bathroom and hall. Spacious, very comfprtable and beautifully presented throughout Beechwood is a house that must be viewed.
Beechwood stands in extensive very well-stocked gardens and grounds with generous lawns and lovely terrace. To the west of the house is a useful self -contained area with polytunnel and other outbuildings.
There is an excellent modern double garage with electric roller door and store off, with driveway parking for several vehicles. There are electric gates.
Viewing is strictly by appointment with the selling agents Rettie & Co, 28 Bell Street, St Andrews KY16 9UX. Tel: 01334 237700.
The property’s postcode is KY15 4RT.
Fixtures and Fittings
Only items specifically mentioned in the particulars of sale are included in the sale price. Certain items may be available to purchase by way of separate negotiation.
Entry & Possession
Entry and vacant possession will be by mutual agreement and arrangement.
Mains water and electricity. Private drainage. Oil fired heating.
Fife Council, Fife House, North Street, Glenrothes, Fife KY7 5LT Tel: 0345 155 0000.
A Home Report incorporating a Single Survey, Energy Performance Certificate and Property Questionnaire is available for parties genuinely interested in this property. Please contact us, either by telephone or via the website entry for this property, to request a copy. No charge is made for electronic copies; a paper copy can also be made available from our offices or by post, at a charge of £20 to cover reproduction and administrative costs.
Offers should be submitted in Scottish Legal Form to the selling agents Rettie & Co at 28 Bell Street, St Andrews KY16 9UX.
Servitude Rights, Burdens & Wayleaves
The property is sold subject to and with the benefit of all servitude rights, burdens, reservations and wayleaves including rights of access and rights of way, whether public or private, light, support, drainage, water and wayleaves for masts, pylons, stays, cable, drains and water, gas and other pipes whether contained in the title deeds or informally constituted and whether or not referred to above.
Particulars and Plans
These particulars and plan are believed to be correct, but they are in no way guaranteed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale or entitle any party to compensation nor in any circumstances give grounds for action at law.
The photographs in this brochure date from September 2021.
Websites and Social Media
This property and other properties offered by Rettie & Co can be viewed on our website at www.rettie.co.uk as well as our affiliated websites at www.rightmove.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com and www.thelondonoffice.co.uk. In addition, our social media platforms are facebook.com, RettieTownandCountry, twitter.com, RettieandCo, Instagram and LinkedIn.
Proof and Source of Funds/Anti Money Laundering
Under the HMRC Anti Money Laundering legislation all offers to purchase a property on a cash basis or subject to mortgage require evidence of source of funds. This may include evidence of bank statements/funding source, mortgage or confirmation from a solicitor the purchaser has the funds to conclude the transaction. All individuals involved in the transaction are required to produce proof of identity and proof of address. This is acceptable either as original or certified documents.
1. The property is sold with all faults and defects, whether of condition or otherwise and neither the seller nor Rettie & Co, the selling agent, are responsible for such faults and defects, nor for any statement contained in the particulars of the property prepared by the said agent.
2. The Purchaser(s) shall be deemed to acknowledge that he has not entered into contact in reliance on the said statements, that he has satisfied himself as to the content of each of the said statements by inspection or otherwise and that no warranty or representation has been made by the seller or the said agents in relation to or in connection with the property.
3. Any error, omission or misstatement in any of the said statements shall not entitle the purchaser(s) to rescind or to be discharged from this contract, nor entitle either party to compensation or damages nor in any circumstances to give either party any cause for action.
Rettie & Co, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either in writing or by word of mouth. Any information given is entirely without responsibility on the part of the agents or the sellers. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive and it should not be assumed that the property remains as photographed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale, or entitle any party to compensation or recourse to action at law. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents, including for its current use. Rettie & Co. have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise and ought to seek their own professional advice.
3. All descriptions or references to condition are given in good faith only. Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure accuracy, please check with us on any points of especial importance to you, especially if intending to travel some distance. No responsibility can be accepted for expenses incurred in inspecting properties which have been sold or withdrawn.