Crake Wells, South Lane, Norham, Northumberland, TD15 2LR
A two-bedroom 89 sq. meter detached bungalow located within the sought-after village of Norham and benefitting from front and rear gardens, a private driveway and a detached garage.
Property Details & Description
Hallway, Living Room, Kitchen, Utility/Rear Porch, Bedroom 1 (En-Suite), Bedroom 2, Family Bathroom.
Private Driveway, Detached Garage, Front & Rear Gardens.
Berwick Railway Station 8 miles, Edinburgh 65 miles, Newcastle upon Tyne 70 miles. (All distances are approximate)
Norham lies on the northern edge of Northumberland, close to the market town of Berwick upon Tweed. The village lies on the banks of the River Tweed and is framed around a pretty village green. Norham offers excellent local facilities including a village shop, a very good local butcher, a baker, two public house and a primary school. There is a doctor’s surgery in the village and a Post Office van every weekday.
Seven miles east of Norham is the nearby market town of Berwick upon Tweed which has further amenities and services including a wealth of cafes and restaurants, the Maltings Theatre and Cinema, a good choice of doctors and dental surgeries as well as a local hospital. Berwick also has an east coast main line railway station with regular trains to Edinburgh and London, schooling for all ages and national supermarkets.
The region offers a range of popular attractions, including historical castles and villages to explore and a particularly stunning coastline to enjoy and the renowned Holy Island. For those who enjoy slightly more challenging walking opportunities, the Northumberland National Park and Cheviot Hills are within a short drive. Permits for fly and bait fishing for trout and coarse fish are available on approximately 2 miles of both banks at Ladykirk and Norham.
The A1 trunk road which is nearby provides easy, commutable access to both Newcastle and Edinburgh. Both cities also offer international airports.
Crake Wells is a two-bedroom detached bungalow that offers well-proportioned accommodation throughout extending to circa 89 sq. meters. The property would benefit from modernisation but has double glazing and oil-fired central heating throughout.
The property is accessed front the side elevation and opens into a welcoming hallway and from here the accommodation flows well. There is a large ‘L’ shaped living room, large enough for both a living and dining area and with a window and Patio doors to the front garden. The kitchen lies adjacent and is well fitted with a range of wall and base units and leads through to a utility and rear porch area.
There is a family bathroom and two double bedrooms, one benefitting from an en-suite shower room.
The property is accessed up a private driveway to the side of the house which offers ample vehicle hard standing and leads to the detached single garage. There are low maintenance gardens to front and rear which are currently a blank canvas but offer a purchaser an opportunity to create a garden totheir own design.
For those with the use of Satellite Navigation the postcode for this property is TD15 2LR.
(please download the application “what3words” for the exact location)
Fixtures and Fittings
All fitted carpets, curtains, blinds and light fittings are included with the sale.
Listing and Conservation
The property is not listed but falls within the conservation area of Norham.
Mains electricity, mains water, mains drainage, oil fired central heating.
Energy Efficiency Rating
Northumberland County Council
Telephone: 01289 330044.
Council Tax Band:
Assessed to band C
Internet Web Site
This property and other properties offered by Rettie & Co can be viewed on our website at www.rettie.co.uk as well as our affiliated websites at www.rightmove.co.uk www.onthemarket.com and www.thelondonoffice.co.uk.
Servitude Rights, Burdens & Wayleaves
The property is sold subject to and with the benefit of all servitude rights, burdens, reservations and wayleaves including rights of access and rights of way, whether public or private, light, support, drainage, water and wayleaves for masts, pylons, stays, cable, drains and water, gas and other pipes whether contained in the title deeds or informally constituted and whether or not referred to above.
Particulars and Plans
These particulars and plan are believed to be correct, but they are in no way guaranteed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale or entitle any party to compensation nor in any circumstances give grounds for action at law.
1. The property is sold with all faults and defects, whether of condition or otherwise and neither the seller nor Rettie Borders LLP, the selling agent, are responsible for such faults and defects, nor for any statement contained in the particulars of the property prepared by the said agent.
2. The Purchaser(s) shall be deemed to acknowledge that he has not entered into contact in reliance on the said statements, that he has satisfied himself as to the content of each of the said statements by inspection or otherwise and that no warranty or representation has been made by the seller or the said agents in relation to or in connection with the property.
3. Any error, omission or misstatement in any of the said statements shall not entitle the purchaser(s) to rescind or to be discharged from this contract, nor entitle either party to compensation or damages nor in any circumstances to give either party any cause for action.
Rettie Borders LLP, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either in writing or by word of mouth. Any information given is entirely without responsibility on the part of the agents or the sellers. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive and it should not be assumed that the property remains as photographed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale, or entitle any party to compensation or recourse to action at law. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents, including for its current use. Rettie Borders LLP have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise and ought to seek their own professional advice.
3. All descriptions or references to condition are given in good faith only. Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure accuracy, please check with us on any points of especial importance to you, especially if intending to travel some distance. No responsibility can be accepted for expenses incurred in inspecting properties which have been sold or withdrawn