Edington Mains Bungalow, Edington, Duns, Berwickshire, TD11 3LE
A stunning detached contemporary family home set within six acres of private garden and grounds with far-reaching southerly views. The property has no neighbours, affording the owners a high degree of privacy and peace and quiet. The house is beautifully presented throughout with high-quality fixtures and fittings and stylish décor and incorporates an annex, ideal for visiting family and friends. Built on the site of the 16th century Edington Castle, which remains still lie within the grounds, the location offers a wonderful country lifestyle, yet only a ten-minute drive to the A1 and Berwick-upon-Tweed on the coast.
Property Details & Description
Open-Plan Living, Dining and Kitchen, Utility Room, Cloakroom, Master Suite with Walk-In Wardrobe and En-Suite, Two Further Double Bedrooms with En-Suites, Annexe Incorporating Shower Room and Kitchen.
Sweeping Private Driveway, Private Garden and Grounds of Circa 6 Acres, Far-Reaching Southerly Views.
Berwick-upon-Tweed Mainline Rail Station 8 miles, Duns 8 miles, Edinburgh 50 miles, Newcastle-upon-Tyne 72 miles (all distances are approximate).
For those seeking privacy, space and uninterrupted views with no neighbours, this fantastic detached family home set within circa six acres of private gardens, grounds, paddocks and woodland, offers a wonderful lifestyle for your family. Within the grounds are the remains of the historic Edington Castle, dating back to the sixteenth century and last occupied in 1702. Edington lies just west of the village of Foulden and within a short drive to the larger village of Chirnside, which has a supermarket, primary school, newsagent, butchers, pharmacy and a doctors surgery. Further to the west is the market town of Duns which offers a wider range of amenities and to the east lies Berwick-upon-Tweed, England’s most northerly market town, renowned for its Elizabethan walls and stunning architecture and viaduct. The town has a wide selection of amenities and is well serviced with local and national shops, five national supermarkets, schooling for all ages including a private school at Longridge Towers as well as a selection of leisure clubs and sports clubs, banks, public houses and restaurants and theatre. The region is well serviced for commuting possibilities with a mainline rail station connecting to both Edinburgh and Newcastle in circa 45 minutes and London Kings Cross in circa 3.5 hours. In addition to this is the A1 trunk road providing ease of access both north and south respectively. To the east is the Berwickshire and Northumberland rugged coastline with miles of unspoilt beaches and beautiful landscapes, with areas such as St Abbs and Coldingham Bay, Holy Island, Bamburgh Castle and the Farne Isles. The village is served by Border Buses 60 service with regular services into Berwick to the east and Duns to the west.
Edington Mains Bungalow is a large detached property offering spacious and well-laid out accommodation throughout. The house has been completely refurbished over recent years by the current owners, creating a wonderfully warm and comfortable family home with stylish elegant décor, contemporary kitchen and bathrooms, a stunning annex and a modern deck, ideal for relaxing and entertaining whilst taking in the beautiful south-facing countryside views. The property has no immediate neighbours, perfect for those looking for a private and peaceful setting to call home. The house is approached over a sweeping driveway that leads up to the front of the house, with ample parking. Impressive double doors open into the stunning open-plan living area with a large sitting area, a dining room and contemporary fitted kitchen. Your eyes are immediately drawn to the wonderful countryside views through the windows and bi-fold doors that lead out onto a deck, perfect for summer entertaining and relaxing. The living room is an elegant and comfortable space featuring a fantastic four-sided multi-fuel stove, perfect for cosy winter evenings and the large bi-fold doors bring the outside in during the warmer months. The kitchen is fitted with two-tone high-gloss units incorporating three ovens, induction hob with ceiling mounted extractor over, a pull-out larder, wine fridge and an American-style smart fridge-freezer with water and ice dispenser. The sociable kitchen peninsula offers seating for family and friends and opens into the formal dining area. A hall leads from the living area giving access to a cloakroom and utility room, fitted with high-gloss units with counters over, space for a fridge freezer and plumbing for two washing machines. At the end of this hall is the master-suite, a sumptuous double bedroom with French doors leading out to a deck, perfect for morning coffee whilst taking in the garden and country views. Off the bedroom is a walk-in wardrobe with a window to the side of the house and fitted with shelving, hanging space and drawers. Completing the master suite is a stunning master-bathroom, with elegant ceramic tiling on the floor and walls, dual floating vanities, large walk-in shower, freestanding bathtub and WC. There are two further double bedrooms on the other side of the house, both with contemporary en-suites and a stylish self-contained annexe with independent private access from a front door and rear French doors leading out into the garden. Ideal for family, friends or to generate income, the annexe is a generous space with fitted kitchen and a modern bathroom. There is a covered walk-way connecting the annexe with the main house, which is also contains a large storage cupboard.
The property sits in private landscaped gardens and grounds extending to approximately six acres with no neighbours. The mature gardens are mainly laid to lawn with a variety of trees, plants and shrubs and there are paddocks and amenity woodland, which include the remains of the old Edrington Castle. A sweeping private drive leads up to the front of the house providing ample parking. There is a large raised deck to the rear of the house outside the open-plan living space affording wonderful countryside views to the south and a balcony to the rear of the master suite.
For those with the use of Satellite Navigation the postcode for this property is TD11 3LE.
(please download the application “what3words” for the exact location)
Fixtures and Fittings
All fitted carpets, pelmets, curtains and blinds are included with the sale.
Listing and Conservation
The property is not listed and is not in a conservation area.
Mains electricity, mains water, private drainage
Energy Efficiency Rating
Scottish Borders Council - Telephone: 01835 824 000.
Council Tax Band
Internet Web Site
This property and other properties offered by Rettie & Co can be viewed on our website at www.rettie.co.uk as well as our affiliated websites at www.rightmove.co.uk www.onthemarket.com and www.thelondonoffice.co.uk.
Servitude Rights, Burdens & Wayleaves
The property is sold subject to and with the benefit of all servitude rights, burdens, reservations and wayleaves including rights of access and rights of way, whether public or private, light, support, drainage, water and wayleaves for masts, pylons, stays, cable, drains and water, gas and other pipes whether contained in the title deeds or informally constituted and whether or not referred to above.
Particulars and Plans
These particulars and plan are believed to be correct, but they are in no way guaranteed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale or entitle any party to compensation nor in any circumstances give grounds for action at law.
1. The property is sold with all faults and defects, whether of condition or otherwise and neither the seller nor Rettie Borders LLP, the selling agent, are responsible for such faults and defects, nor for any statement contained in the particulars of the property prepared by the said agent.
2. The Purchaser(s) shall be deemed to acknowledge that he has not entered into contact in reliance on the said statements, that he has satisfied himself as to the content of each of the said statements by inspection or otherwise and that no warranty or representation has been made by the seller or the said agents in relation to or in connection with the property.
3. Any error, omission or misstatement in any of the said statements shall not entitle the purchaser(s) to rescind or to be discharged from this contract, nor entitle either party to compensation or damages nor in any circumstances to give either party any cause for action.
Rettie Borders LLP, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either in writing or by word of mouth. Any information given is entirely without responsibility on the part of the agents or the sellers. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive and it should not be assumed that the property remains as photographed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale, or entitle any party to compensation or recourse to action at law. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents, including for its current use. Rettie Borders LLP have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise and ought to seek their own professional advice.
3. All descriptions or references to condition are given in good faith only. Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure accuracy, please check with us on any points of especial importance to you, especially if intending to travel some distance. No responsibility can be accepted for expenses incurred in inspecting properties which have been sold or withdrawn.