The Barley House, Sisterpath, Duns, Scottish Borders, TD11 3RE
The Barley House is an impressive 227 sq m semi-detached steading conversion, occupying a rural yet accessible location within the heart of the Berwickshire countryside.
The property offers flexible and manageable family accommodation over 2 principal floors and benefits from private parking, a generous rear garden and stunning rural views.
Property Details & Description
Entrance Hall, Living Room, Dining Room, Family Kitchen, Central Hallway, Utility, Cloakroom.
Landing, Master Bedroom with En-Suite, 2 Further Double Bedrooms, Family Bathroom.
Driveway, Rear Garden, Courtyard.
Berwick Train Station 18 miles, Edinburgh 41 miles, Kelso 10 miles, Melrose 22 miles (all distances are approximate).
Strictly by appointment only with Rettie & Co in Berwick upon Tweed, 01289 305 158.
The Barley House occupies an elevated position, within a rural location, circa 7 miles from the popular town of Duns which lies in the heart the Berwickshire countryside.
Duns offers an excellent range of amenities including local shops, cafes, restaurants, pubs, professional services and well-regarded schooling. Duns is a friendly town with a thriving and strong community spirit, together with a low population that can therefore offer a quality of life that is becoming increasingly rare. The area is one of the genuinely rural parts of Great Britain despite its close proximity to both Edinburgh and Newcastle.
The immediate area provides a good variety of recreational activities from events and gardens, to excellent opportunities for the country sports enthusiast. There is salmon fishing on the River Tweed, trout fishing in various local lochs and pheasant and grouse shooting on local estates. There are a number of good golf courses in easy reach, including Duns Golf Club which is only a mile away, Goswick Golf Club and the championship Roxburgh course near Kelso.
Berwick-upon-Tweed which is within a short drive is a vibrant town with a good range of national services and retailers and has a number of hotels, restaurants, pubs and wine bars. There is the popular Maltings Theatre and Cinema as well as a regular market and a number of galleries and arts and crafts shops. Berwick also offers private schooling from ages 3 to 18 at Longridge Towers School ().
Duns also has good transport links with the A1 trunk road only 18 miles away and the mainline railway station at Berwick-upon-Tweed providing a fast link to London Kings Cross (3h 39mins), Edinburgh (43 mins), Newcastle (45 mins) and Leeds (2h 19 mins). Edinburgh and Newcastle airports have regular flights to London and a variety of domestic and foreign destinations.
The Barley House is an attractive property, converted circa 10 years ago and extending to circa 227 sq m. The property provides large and practical family living accommodation over two floors and skilfully combines traditional and modern styling throughout. The property is beautifully presented internally and benefits from particularly lovely views over surrounding countryside.
The property occupies a truly rural location, accessed from Sisterpath via a farm track. There is ample parking to the front of the house and a door opens into the entrance hall, where there is a practical utility room and cloakroom and access through into the welcoming kitchen, which is very much the heart of the home. The kitchen offers a comfortable space for informal dining and has a good range of wall and base units positioned around the electric range cooker. From here, there is access into a central hallway, which offers access to the rear garden and the two principal reception rooms. Both rooms are located to the rear of the property, are generous in their proportions and benefit from ample natural light and rural views.
From the central hallway on the ground floor, a staircase ascends to the first floor landing where the bedroom accommodation can be found. There are three double bedrooms, one with built in wardrobes and a large en-suite bathroom and a well fitted family bathroom.
The Barley House is a wonderful home in a particularly stunning location. The accommodation within is versatile and flexible, depending on needs, and offers a purchaser a lifestyle that is becoming increasingly sort after.
The Barley House benefits from a private gravelled area to the front of the property, which provides ample vehicular hard standing.
There is an enclosed courtyard garden to the front of the house, which can be accessed directly from the living room and to the rear there is a generous garden, predominantly laid to lawn and backing onto open farmland.
For those with the use of Satellite Navigation the postcode for this property is TD11 3RE
Mains water off a private farm supply
Ground Source central heating system.
Broadband services are available.
Scottish Borders Council
Tel: 01835 824000.
Energy Efficiency Rating
Band tbc (Rating tbc).
Servitude Rights, Burdens & Wayleaves
The property is sold subject to and with the benefit of all servitude rights, burdens, reservations and wayleaves including rights of access and rights of way, whether public or private, light, support, drainage, water and wayleaves for masts, pylons, stays, cable, drains and water, gas and other pipes whether contained in the title deeds or informally constituted and whether or not referred to above.
Particulars and Plans
These particulars and plan are believed to be correct but they are in no way guaranteed. Any error, omission or mis-statement shall not annul the sale or entitle any party to compensation nor in any circumstances give grounds for action at law.
All genuinely interested parties are advised to instruct their solicitors to note interest with the Selling Agents immediately after inspection.
Offers must be submitted to Rettie Berwick LLP.
Formal contracts are expected to be exchanged 6 weeks after the survey has been carried out.
A deposit of 10% of the purchase price will be required upon exchange of contracts. The deposit will be non-returnable in the event of the Purchaser(s) failing to complete the sale for reasons not attributed to the Seller or his agents.
1.The property is sold with all faults and defects, whether of condition or otherwise and neither the seller nor Rettie Berwick LLP, the selling agent, are responsible for such faults and defects, nor for any statement contained in the particulars of the property prepared by the said agent.
2. The Purchaser(s) shall be deemed to acknowledge that he has not entered into contract in reliance on the said statements, that he has satisfied himself as to the content of each of the said statements by inspection or otherwise and that no warranty or representation has been made by the seller or the said agents in relation to or in connection with the property.
3. Any error, omission or mis-statement in any of the said statements shall not entitle the purchaser(s) to rescind or to be discharged from this contract, nor entitle either party to compensation or damages nor in any circumstances to give either party any cause for action.
Rettie Berwick LLP, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either in writing or by word of mouth. Any information given is entirely without responsibility on the part of the agents or the sellers. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive and it should not be assumed that the property remains as photographed. Any error, omission or mis-statement shall not annul the sale, or entitle any party to compensation or recourse to action at law. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents, including for its current use. Rettie Berwick LLP have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise and ought to seek their own professional advice.
3. All descriptions or references to condition are given in good faith only. Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure accuracy, please check with us on any points of especial importance to you, especially if intending to travel some distance. No responsibility can be accepted for expenses incurred in inspecting properties which have been sold or withdrawn.
Internet Web Site
This property and other properties offered by Rettie Berwick LLP can be viewed on our website at www.rettie.co.uk as well as our affiliated websites at www.rightmove.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, and www.tlo.co.uk.