The Dairy, 8 Southfield Farm Steading, Leuchars, St. Andrews, KY16 0BP
Charming, secluded family house with lovely garden, garage and parking, delightfully located in the beautiful Fife countryside between St Andrews and Dundee.
Idyllic peaceful rural setting
Well-presented spacious family accommodation
Wonderful location close to St Michaels and Balumullo
Lovely generous garden
Garage, parking, shed
Convenient location for commuters
Close to St Andrews, Dundee and Cupar
Property Details & Description
Kitchen, sitting room, garden room, 2 bedrooms (1 en-suite), family bathroom, hall
2 bedrooms, bathroom, hall
Delightful generous garden
Rarely available, The Dairy is quietly and delightfully situated in a very secluded high quality steading development hidden away in the wonderful Fife countryside, close to the popular village of Balmullo and just at short distance from Fife’s golfing mecca of St. Andrews. Balmullo benefits from a primary school, shop, pub, post office and bowling club. A short distance to the east lies the ancient and historic university town of St. Andrews, renowned worldwide as the “Home of Golf” and with its excellent range of specialist shops and facilities. To the south-west Fife’s main county market town of Cupar has a very good offering of local services and a regular farmers’ market. To the north the thriving city of Dundee is home to the V & A museum and Scott’s ship RRS Discovery. Surrounding the property is some particularly fine Scottish countryside with a lovely mix of farmland, woodland, hill and river. The result is home to an array of wildlife and provides an excellent choice for the outdoor enthusiast with walking, cycling and riding all readily available along with fishing and shooting. There are many highly regarded golf courses in the area including the Championship Course at Carnoustie and the Old Course at St. Andrews, both of which regularly host the British Open which returns to St. Andrews in 2022 for its 150th anniversary. The wide-open spaces of the Lomond Hills and the pretty fishing villages of Fife’s quaint East Neuk are within comfortable driving distance. In terms of days out there are good sandy beaches at St. Andrews, Tentsmuir, Kingsbarns and Elie along with a number of popular National Trust for Scotland properties such as Hill of Tarvit, Kellie Castle and Falkland Palace. State schooling is available locally with independent schooling available at Dundee High School and also St. Leonards in St. Andrews. There are railway stations in Leuchars, Cupar and Dundee with Edinburgh airport just over an hour to the south.
A very comfortable, deceptively spacious and much-loved home, The Dairy presents a rare opportunity to acquire a wonderful family house in a charming small high quality steading development. The house has an attractive fresh, white-painted harled exterior under a tile roof and enjoys a lovely bright aspect looking out over the extensive garden to the fields and countryside beyond. The charming accommodation is set out over two floors and benefits from oil fired central heating and double glazing. On the ground floor there are 2 excellent reception rooms in the form of the spacious sitting room with high ceiling and glazed doors to the garden, and the garden room itself with a fantastic glazed “wall” looking right out over the garden and a glass door to the parking area. The modern contemporary kitchen is very well appointed, with two bedrooms (1 en-suite), family bathroom and hall completing the accommodation at this level. A staircase leads from the garden room to the first-floor accommodation where there are two further bedrooms and a further bathroom.
Early viewing is advised.
There is a beautiful extensive well-stocked sunny garden.
There is a single garage and a timber shed.
Parking is available adjacent to the house.
Viewing is strictly by appointment with the selling agents Rettie & Co, 28 Bell Street, St Andrews KY16 9UX. Tel: 01334 237700.
The property’s postcode is KY16 0BP.
Fixtures and Fittings
Only items specifically mentioned in the particulars of sale are included in the sale price.
Entry & Possession
Entry and vacant possession will be by mutual agreement and arrangement.
Mains water, mains electricity.
Oil fired central heating.
Fife Council, Fife House, North Street, Glenrothes, Fife KY7 5LT
A Home Report incorporating a Single Survey, Energy Performance Certificate and Property Questionnaire is available for parties genuinely interested in this property. Please contact us, either by telephone or via the website entry for this property, to request a copy. No charge is made for electronic copies; a paper copy can also be made available from our offices or by post, at a charge of £20 to cover reproduction and administrative costs.
Offers should be submitted in Scottish Legal Form to the selling agents Rettie & Co at 28 Bell Street, St Andrews KY16 9UX.
Servitude Rights, Burdens & Wayleaves
The property is sold subject to and with the benefit of all servitude rights, burdens, reservations and wayleaves including rights of access and rights of way, whether public or private, light, support, drainage, water and wayleaves for masts, pylons, stays, cable, drains and water, gas and other pipes whether contained in the title deeds or informally constituted and whether or not referred to above.
Particulars and Plans
These particulars and plan are believed to be correct, but they are in no way guaranteed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale or entitle any party to compensation nor in any circumstances give grounds for action at law.
The photographs in this brochure date from March 2022
Websites and Social Media
This property and other properties offered by Rettie & Co can be viewed on our website at www.rettie.co.uk as well as our affiliated websites at www.rightmove.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com and www.thelondonoffice.co.uk. In addition, our social media platforms are facebook.com, RettieTownandCountry, twitter.com, RettieandCo, Instagram and LinkedIn.
Proof and Source of Funds/Anti Money Laundering
Under the HMRC Anti Money Laundering legislation all offers to purchase a property on a cash basis or subject to mortgage require evidence of source of funds. This may include evidence of bank statements/funding source, mortgage or confirmation from a solicitor the purchaser has the funds to conclude the transaction. All individuals involved in the transaction are required to produce proof of identity and proof of address. This is acceptable either as original or certified documents.
1. The property is sold with all faults and defects, whether of condition or otherwise and neither the seller nor Rettie & Co, the selling agent, are responsible for such faults and defects, nor for any statement contained in the particulars of the property prepared by the said agent.
2. The Purchaser(s) shall be deemed to acknowledge that he has not entered into contact in reliance on the said statements, that he has satisfied himself as to the content of each of the said statements by inspection or otherwise and that no warranty or representation has been made by the seller or the said agents in relation to or in connection with the property.
3. Any error, omission or misstatement in any of the said statements shall not entitle the purchaser(s) to rescind or to be discharged from this contract, nor entitle either party to compensation or damages nor in any circumstances to give either party any cause for action.
Rettie & Co, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either in writing or by word of mouth. Any information given is entirely without responsibility on the part of the agents or the sellers. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive and it should not be assumed that the property remains as photographed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale, or entitle any party to compensation or recourse to action at law. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents, including for its current use. Rettie & Co. have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise and ought to seek their own professional advice.
3. All descriptions or references to condition are given in good faith only. Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure accuracy, please check with us on any points of especial importance to you, especially if intending to travel some distance. No responsibility can be accepted for expenses incurred in inspecting properties which have been sold or withdrawn.