The Larches, Station Road, Oxton, Lauder, TD2 6AA
The Larches is an exclusive development of 4 detached properties, located on the edge of the sought after village of Oxton, Scottish Borders. Rettie & Co are delighted to bring two plots at The Larches to the market, giving the purchaser an opportunity to purchase an ‘off plan’ family home. Built by a private, local developer, the properties will be built, and finished to an extremely high quality throughout, examples of previous builds are available to view.
The development is situated on what was previously an old woodyard, Oxton gives easy access to the A68, making this the perfect location for those who want to live in the countryside, yet have easy access to Edinburgh, just over 20 miles away.
Property Details & Description
Plots 2 and 3 are a four / five bed detached home. Perfect for a family, this stunning property is entered through a vestibule into a spacious hallway. Off the hallway is a large living room, with bi-fold doors, giving access to the south facing garden. To the other side of the hallway is a fantastic open plan kitchen / dining room with a bi-fold door into the formal dining area. The downstairs living accommodation is completed with a study / potential bedroom 5 and a WC.
Taking the staircase from the hallway to the first floor there are four double sized bedrooms. The principal bedroom is fitted with an ensuite shower room and walk in wardrobe, this bedroom also features ceiling to floor windows, flooding this room with natural light, incorporating the surrounding countryside views. Also to the first floor is a large family bathroom.
High-spec highly insulated Timberframe construction with stone and roughcast outer finish.
Traditional natural slate roof.
Windows and doors double glazed with Low-e glass and security locks.
Airsource heat pump supplemented by Solar roof panels with underfloor heating on ground floor with high capacity hot water storage.
High Quality Oak finish internal doors and staircase with glass balustrades.
Quality Kitchen fitments ,appliances and worktops.
Multi-fuel stove in Lounge.
Fully tiled bath and shower rooms.
Fully finished ground floor coverings and first floor carpets.
Front driveway finished in tarmac/asphalt, slab pathway around house, gardens sown with quality lawnseed and patio area hard landscaped with monoblock
Please note: there is scope to work with the developer if you have any specific specification requirements.
Edinburgh 22 miles, Lauder 4 miles, Melrose 17 miles, St Boswells 17 miles, Peebles 30 miles
(All distances are approximate)
The Larches occupies an enviable position sitting around 4 miles north of the historic market town of Lauder with excellent views. Oxton itself has a local shop, a pub, a pottery and a primary school while the Carfraemill Lodge Hotel is just a short drive away. Lauder, just 4 miles away offers a wider range of amenities including a supermarket, specialist shops, a health centre, pub, coffee shop, bakery, and restaurants.
A variety of Schooling is available nearby including Channelkirk Primary School in Oxton itself and Lauder Primary School. Secondary schooling is available at Earlston High School, which is one of only two schools in Scotland to feature in Tatler’s 2018 “Top 20 State Secondary Schools”. With the A68 just on the doorstep, and the Edinburgh City Bypass just under 20 minutes away, this is a popular area for those looking for value for money and a more relaxed lifestyle whilst remaining commutable.
Mains water, electric, drainage and gas
The postcode for the development is TD2 6AA
(please download the application “what3words” for the exact location)
Please note: Images are either computer generated or are of the show home for demonstrative purposes only. The video is also for demonstrative purposes only.
Scottish Borders Council - Telephone: 01835 824 000.
Internet Web Site
This property and other properties offered by Rettie & Co can be viewed on our website at www.rettie.co.uk as well as our affiliated websites at www.rightmove.co.uk www.onthemarket.com and www.thelondonoffice.co.uk.
Servitude Rights, Burdens & Wayleaves
The property is sold subject to and with the benefit of all servitude rights, burdens, reservations and wayleaves including rights of access and rights of way, whether public or private, light, support, drainage, water and wayleaves for masts, pylons, stays, cable, drains and water, gas and other pipes whether contained in the title deeds or informally constituted and whether or not referred to above.
Particulars and Plans
These particulars and plan are believed to be correct, but they are in no way guaranteed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale or entitle any party to compensation nor in any circumstances give grounds for action at law.
1. The property is sold with all faults and defects, whether of condition or otherwise and neither the seller nor Rettie Borders LLP, the selling agent, are responsible for such faults and defects, nor for any statement contained in the particulars of the property prepared by the said agent.
2. The Purchaser(s) shall be deemed to acknowledge that he has not entered into contact in reliance on the said statements, that he has satisfied himself as to the content of each of the said statements by inspection or otherwise and that no warranty or representation has been made by the seller or the said agents in relation to or in connection with the property.
3. Any error, omission or misstatement in any of the said statements shall not entitle the purchaser(s) to rescind or to be discharged from this contract, nor entitle either party to compensation or damages nor in any circumstances to give either party any cause for action.
Rettie Borders LLP, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either in writing or by word of mouth. Any information given is entirely without responsibility on the part of the agents or the sellers. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive and it should not be assumed that the property remains as photographed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale, or entitle any party to compensation or recourse to action at law. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents, including for its current use. Rettie Borders LLP have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise and ought to seek their own professional advice.
3. All descriptions or references to condition are given in good faith only. Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure accuracy, please check with us on any points of especial importance to you, especially if intending to travel some distance. No responsibility can be accepted for expenses incurred in inspecting properties which have been sold or withdrawn