The White House, Horncliffe, Northumberland, TD15 2XR
An impressive 159 sq. meter detached character cottage located within the sought after village of Horncliffe and benefitting from off street parking and a large enclosed rear garden. The property offers spacious and flexible accommodation over two principal floors and offers ample scope to the rear for an extension (subject to obtaining the necessary consents).
Property Details & Description
Ground Floor: Hallway, Dining Room, Living Room, Kitchen, Sun Room, Bedroom 1 (En-Suite), Bedroom 4.
First Floor: Landing, Bedroom 2, Bedroom 3, Bathroom.
Outside: Private parking, enclosed large rear garden.
Distances: Edinburgh 60 miles, Newcastle upon Tyne 65 miles, Berwick Railway Station5 miles (All distances are approximate)
The White House is positioned within the desirable village of Horncliffe and occupies a private position, with large rear gardens. Horncliffe sits in an elevated position on the banks of the River Tweed and offers beautiful river and countryside walks. The village is served by a village hall which hosts regular coffee mornings, a music and beer festival in the summer and numerous community and music events. Only five miles away is the bustling historic market town of Berwick-upon-Tweed, which offers a range of excellent facilities and amenities, with a selection of local and national shops and supermarkets including M&S, Tesco, Homebase and Currys PC World to name a few. Berwick also has a wealth of independent shops, galleries, art and craft shops, cafes, pubs, wine bars and restaurants and The Maltings Theatre and cinema offering a wide choice of top-class entertainment. In addition, there are a good choice of doctors and dental surgeries as well as the local hospital. There are well respected local schools for all ages nearby with the property being within the catchment area of Norham First School which has received an outstanding Ofsted report.
Beyond the local area is a range of popular attractions including historic castles and villages dotted along the stunningly beautiful Northumberland coastline including the renowned Holy Island, Bamburgh Castle and Alnwick Castle. There are also the Cheviot Hills and a number of market towns. Country and sporting pursuits are widely available including hill walks, salmon and trout fishing, hunting and shooting. Golf is available locally at Goswick and Magdalene Fields, with swimming, gym, squash, indoor bowling and all-weather facilities at the Swan Centre.
The A1 trunk road provides easy commutable access to both Newcastle and Edinburgh with Berwick’s mainline train station offering regular services up and down the east coast of the country, with London being a 3½ hour journey away. Edinburgh or Newcastle international airports are both just over an hour’s drive from Horncliffe.
The White House is a characterful detached cottage which offers generous and flexible accommodation over two principal floors which extends to circa 159 sq. meters. The house benefits from an abundance of character and charm and has LPG fired central heating and partial double glazing.
The house is approached through the front door into a welcoming reception hall, which has a staircase to the first floor and doors giving access to the ground floor accommodation. The ground floor comprises a generous living room and dining room, a well equipped kitchen with adjacent sun room and two ground floor bedrooms, one with an en-suite shower room.
A staircase from the ground floor leads to the first floor landing where there are two further bedrooms and a bathroom.
To the rear of the property is a large walled garden comprising lawns, shrubberies, flowerbeds and patio areas. There is also a generous wooded area to the rear of the garden offering considerable scope.
There is off road parking to the rear.
For those with the use of Satellite Navigation the postcode for this property is TD15 2XR.
(please download the application “what3words” for the exact location)
Fixtures and Fittings
All fitted carpets, curtains, blinds and light fittings are included with the sale.
Listing and Conservation
Please be aware, The White House is not Listed, nor in a conservation area.
LPG fired central heating.
Partial double glazing.
Mains electricity, water and drainage.
Energy Efficiency Rating
Band G (Rating 12)
Northumberland Council - Telephone: 0345 600 6400
Internet Web Site
This property and other properties offered by Rettie & Co can be viewed on our website at www.rettie.co.uk as well as our affiliated websites at www.rightmove.co.uk www.onthemarket.com and www.thelondonoffice.co.uk.
Servitude Rights, Burdens & Wayleaves
The property is sold subject to and with the benefit of all servitude rights, burdens, reservations and wayleaves including rights of access and rights of way, whether public or private, light, support, drainage, water and wayleaves for masts, pylons, stays, cable, drains and water, gas and other pipes whether contained in the title deeds or informally constituted and whether or not referred to above.
Particulars and Plans
These particulars and plan are believed to be correct, but they are in no way guaranteed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale or entitle any party to compensation nor in any circumstances give grounds for action at law.
1. The property is sold with all faults and defects, whether of condition or otherwise and neither the seller nor Rettie Berwick LLP, the selling agent, are responsible for such faults and defects, nor for any statement contained in the particulars of the property prepared by the said agent.
2. The Purchaser(s) shall be deemed to acknowledge that he has not entered into contact in reliance on the said statements, that he has satisfied himself as to the content of each of the said statements by inspection or otherwise and that no warranty or representation has been made by the seller or the said agents in relation to or in connection with the property.
3. Any error, omission or misstatement in any of the said statements shall not entitle the purchaser(s) to rescind or to be discharged from this contract, nor entitle either party to compensation or damages nor in any circumstances to give either party any cause for action.
Rettie Berwick LLP, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either in writing or by word of mouth. Any information given is entirely without responsibility on the part of the agents or the sellers. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive and it should not be assumed that the property remains as photographed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale, or entitle any party to compensation or recourse to action at law. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents, including for its current use. Rettie Berwick LLP have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise and ought to seek their own professional advice.
3. All descriptions or references to condition are given in good faith only. Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure accuracy, please check with us on any points of especial importance to you, especially if intending to travel some distance. No responsibility can be accepted for expenses incurred in inspecting properties which have been sold or withdrawn.