Upper Apartment, Marine Villa, 126 Main Street, Lower Largo, KY8 6BP
Superb beach front upper apartment.
Lower Flat also for sale, separately, offering significant potential scope to revert Marine Villa to a single house.
Charming spacious first floor level accommodation
Fabulous balcony with spectacular sea views
Generous garden to front
Direct gated access to beach
Sensational coastal views
Sought after, highly accessible location
Potential for exceptional holiday rental income.
Property Details & Description
Accommodation – At first floor level
Open plan sitting room / dining room with balcony off, kitchen, 3 bedrooms, bathroom, hall, stairs.
Delightful lawned front garden with private gated direct access to beach. Driveway parking.
Marine Villa occupies a prominent position on the beach in Lower Largo. The garden boundary wall adjoins the beach and the house enjoys panoramic views across the Firth of Forth towards Edinburgh and the East Lothian Coastline. Lower Largo is situated on Largo Bay and is an ancient fishing village abutting the neighbouring village of Lundin Links. The village is divided into two parts, namely Upper Largo and Lower Largo and is well known for its wide variety of charming cottages, houses, pretty harbour and beach. Alexander Selkirk, a Largo native and Scottish sailor, who spent a number of years as a castaway on an uninhabited island, is said to have inspired Daniel Defoe’s fictional
character, Robinson Crusoe. A life size statue of Selkirk stands outside his birth place at 99-105 Main Street.The village has a general store and the recently refurbished Crusoe Hotel with further services in Lundin Links including Butcher, Bakery and General Store as well as an 18 Hole Links Course and Ladies 9 Hole Course. The latter is the oldest Ladies Golf Course in the world and the former has been used as an Open Qualifying Course when the Open Championship is held at St Andrews. Lundin Links, Upper and Lower Largo comprise the starting point of the well known East Neuk of Fife with its many pretty coastal villages, golf courses, scenic walks, including the Fife Coastal Path, and historic and cultural attractions. The area has been popular with holiday makers and second home owners for many years and yet remains within an hours drive of central Edinburgh and the remainder of central Scotland easily accessible via the motorway network. The principal Fife towns of Glenrothes and Kirkcaldy are within easy reach as is Scotland’s fourth city, Dundee, to the north. St Andrews with its many cultural and golfing attractions is within 20 to 25 minutes’ drive. The acclaimed new Dumbarnie Golf Course is a short distance to the east. There are rail links at Kirkcaldy as well as an airfield for light aircraft at Glenrothes.
Believed to date from circa 1850, and split in the 1970s, Marine Villa is a handsome stone house under a slate roof, with porch and terrace to the front, and extension to the side. The Upper Flat is accessed via a staircase to the rear and offers charming deceptively spacious accommodation with the truly superb open plan main sitting room / dining room with wonderful balcony off being perhaps the particular feature of this stunning property. There is a well-appointed kitchen, 3 bedrooms and bathroom, with the hall and stair completing the accommodation. The property benefits from mains gas central heating and is well presented throughout. Viewing is highly recommended.
Rarely, the Lower Flat at Marine Villa is also being offered for sale, separately but simultaneously, presenting scope to revert Marine Villa to a single house subject to planning etc.
Delightful lawned front garden with private gated direct access to beach.
Viewing is strictly by appointment with the selling agents Rettie & Co, 28 Bell Street, St Andrews KY16 9UX. Tel: 01334 237700.
The property’s postcode is KY8 6BP.
Fixtures and Fittings
Only items specifically mentioned in the particulars of sale are included in the sale price. Certain items may be available to purchase by way of separate negotiation.
Entry & Possession
Entry and vacant possession will be by mutual agreement and arrangement.
Mains water , electricity, gas and drainage.
Fife Council, Fife House, North Street, Glenrothes, Fife KY7 5LT Tel: 0345 155 0000
A Home Report incorporating a Single Survey, Energy Performance Certificate and Property Questionnaire is available for parties genuinely interested in this property. Please contact us, either by telephone or via the website entry for this property, to request a copy. No charge is made for electronic copies; a paper copy can also be made available from our offices or by post, at a charge of £20 to cover reproduction and administrative costs.
Offers should be submitted in Scottish Legal Form to the selling agents Rettie & Co at 28 Bell Street, St Andrews KY16 9UX.
Servitude Rights, Burdens & Wayleaves
The property is sold subject to and with the benefit of all servitude rights, burdens, reservations and wayleaves including rights of access and rights of way, whether public or private, light, support, drainage, water and wayleaves for masts, pylons, stays, cable, drains and water, gas and other pipes whether contained in the title deeds or informally constituted and whether or not referred to above.
Particulars and Plans
These particulars and plan are believed to be correct, but they are in no way guaranteed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale or entitle any party to compensation nor in any circumstances give grounds for action at law.
The photographs in this brochure date from September 2021
Websites and Social Media
This property and other properties offered by Rettie & Co can be viewed on our website at www.rettie.co.uk as well as our affiliated websites at www.rightmove.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com and www.thelondonoffice.co.uk. In addition, our social media platforms are facebook.com, RettieTownandCountry, twitter.com, RettieandCo, Instagram and LinkedIn.
Proof and Source of Funds/Anti Money Laundering
Under the HMRC Anti Money Laundering legislation all offers to purchase a property on a cash basis or subject to mortgage require evidence of source of funds. This may include evidence of bank statements/funding source, mortgage or confirmation from a solicitor the purchaser has the funds to conclude the transaction. All individuals involved in the transaction are required to produce proof of identity and proof of address. This is acceptable either as original or certified documents.
1. The property is sold with all faults and defects, whether of condition or otherwise and neither the seller nor Rettie & Co, the selling agent, are responsible for such faults and defects, nor for any statement contained in the particulars of the property prepared by the said agent.
2. The Purchaser(s) shall be deemed to acknowledge that he has not entered into contact in reliance on the said statements, that he has satisfied himself as to the content of each of the said statements by inspection or otherwise and that no warranty or representation has been made by the seller or the said agents in relation to or in connection with the property.
3. Any error, omission or misstatement in any of the said statements shall not entitle the purchaser(s) to rescind or to be discharged from this contract, nor entitle either party to compensation or damages nor in any circumstances to give either party any cause for action.
Rettie & Co, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either in writing or by word of mouth. Any information given is entirely without responsibility on the part of the agents or the sellers. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive and it should not be assumed that the property remains as photographed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale, or entitle any party to compensation or recourse to action at law. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents, including for its current use. Rettie & Co. have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise and ought to seek their own professional advice.
3. All descriptions or references to condition are given in good faith only. Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure accuracy, please check with us on any points of especial importance to you, especially if intending to travel some distance. No responsibility can be accepted for expenses incurred in inspecting properties which have been sold or withdrawn.