Weavers Cottage, 6 Bogan, Coldingham, Scottish Borders, TD14 5ND
Weavers Cottage is an impressive 3 bedroom 123 m2 character cottage occupying a discreet position within the heart of the coastal village of Coldingham.
The house is beautifully presented throughout and benefits from off street parking, a generous rear garden and currently operates as a successful holiday let.
Property Details & Description
Reception Hall, Sitting Room, Garden Room, Kitchen, Utility, Cloakroom, Bedroom 3
Landing, Bedroom 1, Bedroom 2, Bathroom, Maids Store/Office
Private Parking, Mature Rear Garden
Coldingham Bay 2 miles, St Abbs 2.5 Miles, Eyemouth 2 miles, Berwick Railway Station 10.5 miles, Dunbar 17 miles, Edinburgh 44 miles (all distances are approximate).
Weavers Cottage occupies a central position, within the sought-after village of Coldingham and is well placed for easy access to the beach.
The village of Coldingham offers a range of amenities including two public houses, village shop, doctors surgery, a primary school and a very good local butcher. Coldingham Bay and St Abbs which are further down the road are renowned for their beautiful sandy beaches and coastal walks and the area has been designated AONB (Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty).
Further up the coast road towards Berwick upon Tweed is the pretty working harbour town of Eyemouth which offers further amenities including a range of local shops, professional services, public houses, restaurants and banks. Eyemouth has schooling for all ages including the well-respected and recently built Eyemouth High School. The town offers a good selection of sports clubs and Eyemouth Golf Club is also very well regarded. A lot of the industry in Eyemouth is based around the working harbour, this in turn offers the town a charm and character not found anywhere else.
A short drive away is Berwick-upon-Tweed, famous for its Elizabethan walls and stunning architecture. Berwick has a wide selection of amenities and is well serviced with local and national shops, four or five supermarkets and schooling for all ages including a private school at Longridge Towers. Berwick also has a selection of leisure and sports clubs, banks, public houses, restaurants and The Malting theatre and cinema which offers daily shows and movies.
The property is well positioned with access onto the A1 trunk road for commuting both north and south to Edinburgh and into England respectively, whilst there are two mainline railway station in Berwick upon Tweed to the south or Dunbar to the north. There is also an efficient bus services that operates regular services to many of the nearby towns and villages, not to mention Edinburgh and Newcastle.
The local area around Weavers Cottage offers many country and sporting pursuits including hill walking in the Cheviots, salmon, trout or sea fishing, horse riding, diving and shooting. The area is also famous for its golf courses with Eyemouth, Dunbar and Goswick all within a short drive.
Despite its proximity to both Edinburgh and Newcastle, this part of the world is sparsely populated with much of the area given over to agriculture and therefore offers a quality of life that is becoming increasingly rare.
Weavers Cottage is a delightful period double-fronted cottage, offering bright and well-proportioned accommodation extending to circa 123 sq m over two principal floors. This charming characterful property has been tastefully refurbished throughout by the current vendor and by virtue of its position, benefits from a light and bright atmosphere throughout. Externally there is private parking for two vehicles and a generous rear garden.
The house has been operating as a successful holiday let and will appeal to both second home and full-time purchasers.
The front door opens into a welcoming hall with stairs rising to the first floor and study nook under the staircase. The sitting room is a good-sized reception off the hall with a window to the front of the property and has a most attractive feature fireplace with multi-fuel stove sitting on a slate hearth, perfect for cosy winter evenings. On the other side of the hall is a double bedroom with feature fireplace and a window to the front of the cottage. This bedroom would also lend itself to an additional reception room, subject to requirements. To the rear of the cottage is the bright and well-equipped country-style kitchen with a range of floor and wall mounted units with counters over and consisting integral over, hob and extractor, dishwasher and plumbing for a washing machine. Off the kitchen is a utility room with cloakroom and the kitchen opens into a generous garden room overlooking the pretty garden. This bright and spacious family room provides space for both sitting and dining areas and is perfect for entertaining and gives access to the garden. On the first-floor landing there is a good—sized maids store/office with shelving and a Velux window and the accommodation consists of two bedrooms and a family bathroom. The larger of the two bedrooms has a feature fireplace and a window to the front of the property. The other bedroom is currently configured as a twin but could easily take a double bed if required. Completing the accommodation is the bathroom with a window to the rear of the cottage. The bathroom has attractive timber panelling and shelving and consists of a bath, separate mains shower and a vanity unit with storage that includes the WC and handbasin.
To the front of the cottage there is a private area of parking with space for two vehicles. To the rear is delightful landscaped private garden that backs on to woodland. The garden is planted with a range of plants, trees and shrubs and there are two patio areas for relaxing and entertaining
For those with the use of Satellite Navigation the postcode for this property is TD14 5ND
(please download the application “what3words” for the exact location)
Fixtures and Fittings
All fitted carpets, curtains, blinds and light fittings are included with the sale
Listing and Conservation
Please be aware, Weavers Cottage is not listed but is in a conservation area.
Mains electricity, water and drainage.
Oil fired combi boiler supplies central heating system and hot water.
Energy Efficiency Rating
Scottish Borders Council - Telephone: 01835 824 000.
Internet Web Site
Servitude Rights, Burdens & Wayleaves
The property is sold subject to and with the benefit of all servitude rights, burdens, reservations and wayleaves including rights of access and rights of way, whether public or private, light, support, drainage, water and wayleaves for masts, pylons, stays, cable, drains and water, gas and other pipes whether contained in the title deeds or informally constituted and whether or not referred to above.
Particulars and Plans
These particulars and plan are believed to be correct, but they are in no way guaranteed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale or entitle any party to compensation nor in any circumstances give grounds for action at law.
1. The property is sold with all faults and defects, whether of condition or otherwise and neither the seller nor Rettie Berwick LLP, the selling agent, are responsible for such faults and defects, nor for any statement contained in the particulars of the property prepared by the said agent.
2. The Purchaser(s) shall be deemed to acknowledge that he has not entered into contact in reliance on the said statements, that he has satisfied himself as to the content of each of the said statements by inspection or otherwise and that no warranty or representation has been made by the seller or the said agents in relation to or in connection with the property.
3. Any error, omission or misstatement in any of the said statements shall not entitle the purchaser(s) to rescind or to be discharged from this contract, nor entitle either party to compensation or damages nor in any circumstances to give either party any cause for action.
Rettie Berwick LLP, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either in writing or by word of mouth. Any information given is entirely without responsibility on the part of the agents or the sellers. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive and it should not be assumed that the property remains as photographed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale, or entitle any party to compensation or recourse to action at law. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents, including for its current use. Rettie Berwick LLP have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise and ought to seek their own professional advice.
3. All descriptions or references to condition are given in good faith only. Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure accuracy, please check with us on any points of especial importance to you, especially if intending to travel some distance. No responsibility can be accepted for expenses incurred in inspecting properties which have been sold or withdrawn.