Whiteadder House, Whitesomehill, Berwickshire, TD11 3NF
A wonderful opportunity to acquire a contemporary architect designed family home occupying a generous plot on this small exclusive rural development, affording panoramic views over the Berwickshire countryside.
The property has high-end quality fixtures and fittings throughout and affords a high degree of privacy. Whiteadder House is within a short drive of Berwick-upon-Tweed and all the amenities the town has to offer, including a main-line train station with regular services into Edinburgh, Newcastle and London.
Property Details & Description
Entrance Hall/Dining Area, Vaulted Sitting Room, Kitchen-Breakfast Room, Utility Room, Rear Hall with Storage, Double Bedroom with Fitted Wardrobe, Double Bedroom/Sitting Room with Shelved Cupboard, Shower Room/WC.
Landing with Storage, Master Bedroom with Walk-in-Wardrobe, and En-Suite, Two Further Double Bedrooms with Fitted Wardrobes, Family Bathroom.
Private Driveway, Ample Off-street Parking, Double Garage, Landscaped Garden and Grounds, Timber Shed.
Duns 8 miles, Berwick Mainline Rail Station 10 miles, Kelso 15 miles, Edinburgh 54 miles (all distances are approximate).
Whiteadder House occupies a generous plot in a wonderful rural location and forms part of an exclusive residential development comprising of eleven converted stone steading buildings and four detached new build family homes. The development lies one mile south of the village of Whitsome, where there is a local shop and post office.
Within eight miles is the Berwickshire market town of Duns which offers good local amenities and schooling for all ages. Whitsomehill is also within ten miles of Berwick-upon-Tweed, England’s most northerly market town. Berwick offers a wide range of amenities including a private school at Longridge Towers, several supermarkets, a range of local and national shops, banks, restaurants, a theatre and a number of sporting facilities and clubs. Berwick also offers a mainline rail station which is excellent for commuting possibilities, being only 45 minutes from both Edinburgh and Newcastle and around 3.5 hours from London Kings Cross. Edinburgh or Newcastle upon Tyne international airports are both just over an hour’s drive from the property.
The Scottish Borders and North Northumberland offer a wonderful lifestyle opportunity with easy access to miles of un-spoilt coastlines and beaches, open countryside and many other country pursuits. Despite Whitsomehill’s proximity to both Edinburgh and Newcastle, the area has a low population and can therefore offer a quality of life that is becoming increasingly rare.
Whiteadder House is a most attractive architect designed detached family home, forming part of the small exclusive Whitesome Hill residential development built in 2007. The house occupies a generous plot with extensive gardens and grounds and affording breathtaking panoramic views over the surrounding countryside. The property offers every possible comfort for twenty-first century living, including high end fixtures and fittings, spacious and flexible living accommodation, super-fast fibre optic broadband and has been designed to the make the upmost of the views and to allow optimal natural light into the living spaces. The accommodation has been double glazed throughout and designed to flow naturally from room to room and has a light and bright atmosphere with a delightful rural outlook, extending to the Lammermuir Hills to the north, Berwick to the East and Cheviots to the south.
The property is approached from a quiet private road which runs through the middle of
Whitsome Hill and onto a large gravelled driveway with ample parking for several vehicles. The driveway sits in front of a large double garage with power and light, water and a remote-controlled door.
A path leads up to the front door which opens into a generous glazed reception space with a dining area. This room is filled with light and has French doors leading out to a pretty patio. The kitchen-breakfast room is a large L-shaped room with a window to the side of the property. There is a modern fitted kitchen with a Belling electric range cooker with a five-ring induction hob and extractor over, an integrated Neff dishwasher and space for an American fridge-freezer. The kitchen is fitted with a range of floor and wall mounted units including pan drawers and a pantry with Corian countertops over. The ceramic tiled floor flows from the kitchen into the utility room with similar units, sink and drainer and plumbing for a washing machine. A door leads out into the garden from the utility room. The sitting room is to the front of the house and is a generous reception with a vaulted ceiling, housing four Velux windows. There are large windows and a French door overlooking the front garden and with the room being south facing it’s a wonderfully bright space. A rear hall with a separate entrance benefits from having storage cupboards and there are two spacious double bedrooms, both with fitted wardrobes and with views over the garden. Completing the ground floor accommodation is a contemporary shower room, comprising a large walk-in shower with ceramic tiled surround, a ceramic tiled floor, WC and hand basin. Stairs rise from the hall with a large window on a half-landing to the first-floor accommodation. There are two further double bedrooms, both with fitted wardrobes and the master suite, comprising a walk-in wardrobe and modern en-suite shower room. Completing the first-floor accommodation is a family bathroom with a bath and mixer shower over and a vanity consisting WC and hand basin.
The property is approached over a generous private gravelled driveway providing ample parking for several vehicles. There is a good-sized double garage with remote controlled garage door, power, water and light. The generous landscaped fully enclosed gardens wrap around the house and have wonderful far-reaching country views. Mainly laid to lawn, there is a mixture of plants, shrubs and trees that provide year-round colour and interest. The gardens are level and are perfect for entertaining, relaxing and for alfresco dining in the summer. Adjoining the garden is a small fenced paddock, with pedestrian and vehicular access. This area of ground forms part of an area of land shared by the four large detached houses on the development. Each property has sectioned their own area and are responsible for its upkeep. The other properties retain the right of access across the land to the road. This area of land is not on the property’s title and cannot be built upon.
For the benefit of those with satellite navigation the property’s postcode is TD11 3NF.
(please download the application “what3words” for the exact location)
Fixtures and Fittings
All fitted carpets, some curtains, blinds and light fittings are included with the sale.
Listing and Conservation
Please be aware, Whiteadder is not Listed, nor in a conservation area.
LPG central heating to underfloor heating throughout.
Private drainage to a reed-bed system.
Mains electricity and water.
Solar Panels were fitted five years ago and have twenty years remaining on a feed-in-tariff.
Super-fast fibre broadband services are available.
Scottish Borders Council
Tel: 01835 824000.
Energy Efficiency Rating
Internet Web Site:
This property and other properties offered by Rettie Berwick LLP can be viewed on our website at www.rettie.co.uk as well as our affiliated websites at www.rightmove.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com, and www.tlo.co.uk.
Offers should be submitted in Scottish Legal Form to the selling agents Rettie Berwick LLP, 50 Hide Hill, Berwick upon Tweed, TD15 1AB. A closing date by which offers must be submitted may be fixed later. Please note that interested parties are advised to register their interest with the selling agents in order that they may be advised should a closing date be set. The seller reserves the right to accept any offer at any time.
Servitude Rights, Burdens & Wayleaves
The property is sold subject to and with the benefit of all servitude rights, burdens, reservations and wayleaves including rights of access and rights of way, whether public or private, light, support, drainage, water and wayleaves for masts, pylons, stays, cable, drains and water, gas and other pipes whether contained in the title deeds or informally constituted and whether or not referred to above.
Particulars and Plans
These particulars and plan are believed to be correct but they are in no way guaranteed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale or entitle any party to compensation nor in any circumstances give grounds for action at law.
A Home Report incorporating a Single Survey, Energy Performance Certificate and Property Questionnaire is available for parties genuinely interested in this property. Please contact us, either by telephone or via the website entry for this property, to request a copy. No charge is made for electronic copies; a paper copy can also be made available from our offices or by post, at a charge of £20 to cover reproduction and administrative costs.
1. The property is sold with all faults and defects, whether of condition or otherwise and neither the seller nor Rettie Berwick LLP, the selling agent, are responsible for such faults and defects, nor for any statement contained in the particulars of the property prepared by the said agent.
2. The Purchaser(s) shall be deemed to acknowledge that he has not entered into contract in reliance on the said statements, that he has satisfied himself as to the content of each of the said statements by inspection or otherwise and that no warranty or representation has been made by the seller or the said agents in relation to or in connection with the property.
3. Any error, omission or misstatement in any of the said statements shall not entitle the purchaser(s) to rescind or to be discharged from this contract, nor entitle either party to compensation or damages nor in any circumstances to give either party any cause for action.
Rettie Berwick LLP, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either in writing or by word of mouth. Any information given is entirely without responsibility on the part of the agents or the sellers. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive and it should not be assumed that the property remains as photographed. Any error, omission or mis-statement shall not annul the sale, or entitle any party to compensation or recourse to action at law. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents, including for its current use. Rettie Berwick LLP hasve not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise and ought to seek their own professional advice.
3. All descriptions or references to condition are given in good faith only. Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure accuracy, please check with us on any points of especial importance to you, especially if intending to travel some distance. No responsibility can be accepted for expenses incurred in inspecting properties which have been sold or withdrawn.